View Poll Results: How do you dry your hair? Pick 2 options.

Voters
760. You may not vote on this poll
  • I drip dry

33 4.34%
  • Squeeze out excess and leave it to dry

367 48.29%
  • Towel and leave it to dry

391 51.45%
  • Blowdry

83 10.92%
  • Bun

68 8.95%
  • Braid

63 8.29%
  • Leave down

233 30.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you dry your hair?

Length
    22"/36"/37"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default How do you dry your hair?

I was just wondering about this the other day. Pick one option from the first four and then one from the last three.
    Please post why you do it as well. Personally, I squeeze out excess water in the shower, wrap it in a hair towel (the shaped ones) for 2 or 3 minutes, and then take it down and bun it to sleep.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot a cheese option- sorry! If your hair is made of cheese and doesn't need to dry you can post as such
    Last edited by bluesnowflake; August 23rd, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
    LHC: The few.. the proud.... the vaguely creepy

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: How do you dry your hair?

I bought a big micro-fibre dog grooming towel (in a group order on the old boards) and that's my hair towel. It doesn't feel like it will dry my hair but it does. After a while of towel wrapped, I'd leave my hair down to air dry.

Washing has been such a challenge for me. If I go to bed with wet hair I often wake up with a sore throat and such, so washing must be done on a day off from work, and who wants to spend the day off wandering about at home with damp hair - especially in winter?

So I'm trying NW/SO for this year. My year is up in October. So far so good. I love the "no dripping hair", it's the answer for me!

ETA: So I guess for right now, my answer should be *cheese*!

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

first I keep it in a towel for about 20 minutes, and then I let it air dry.
    it usually takes 3 to 4 hours, depending on the weather.
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I gently push the excess down to the tips and off when I'm finished washing, wrap in a towel for a minute or two, blot with a small micro fiber kitchen towel and then leave down to dry occasionally blotting the drippy ends. I got the kitchen towel a few years ago and hated it as a kitchen tool, but it is handy to keep on my dresser for blotting the drippy ends.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I squeeze out the excess of water gently with my palms and sometimes use a towel too and pad the hair very gently to get more dripping out.
    Then, I blow-dry all the root region up to shoulder length, aproximately. I wish I could just air-dry, but I must blow-dry at least a bit because I'm really prone to sore throats and colds and I can't leave my hair dripping wet, especially in Winter .
    When roots are dry, I let the rest air-dry while disentangling all my hair with my fingers.

Length
    21/60/Max
    Type
    1a/M/ii

It varies depending on what I are doing, what time i get in from work and what the weathers like.

On a normall day I'll wring out the excess water, and wrap in a towel till I'm dressed. Then I separate it out with my fingers and ideally leave it loose till dry but if I have things to do I'll clip it up into a loose cinnamon bun. When I go to bed I sleep with my hair plaited (braided) so if I havent got in from work till late and it is still wet/damp when I are getting ready for bed then I plait it for bed. I do not brush it until it is dry though so I normally have quite a loopy looking plait, but generally unless it is particularly cold in the house for some reason then it is dry by morning.

I guess really I needed to tick more than two options to get a real answer, its a bit of all of them except the hair dryer which I don't have the pacience for.
    Trying to find my maximum length
    (without the maths)
    https://www.youtube.com/PansPage

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Wrap in a towel while I perform other grooming activities, then leave it down to dry. If I have to go out right away, I put it in a bun with acrylic sticks (Ketylos). It stays damp until I take it down, but I haven't noticed any ill effects.

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I squeeze it, wrap it in a towel for a while, blowdry to half dry, air dry the rest. So, a lot of the above.

Length
    Shldr/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I pat it dry with a towel, wrap it up for a while then leave it down to air dry. Or if I'm in a hurry I will blowdry it.

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

If I'm not heat-styling my hair and just letting it naturally air-dry, then after I CO-wash it I will squeeze out the excess water, then further blot out more water from my hair with a huge bath towel( I never rub my hair with the towel, just blot with it), and then I use my wide tooth to detangle my knots and I let it all air-dry after its been combed out.

If I am heat-styling my hair, I will do the same as above (squeeze out the excess water, then blot with a towel) and then I will divide my still damp hair into sections and blow out each section straight with my blow-dryer and my paddle brush.