Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I cut my hair...

Agressively friendly. MadPirateBippy's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default I cut my hair...

I cut my hair and no one noticed. The damage from the rag curl disaster and the removal of the dreadlocks finally caught up with me and my ends were fried. I was doing an hour of S&D a day, even babying it it was frying.

I chopped a little over three and a half inches. I was traumatized (I still have no idea what my hemline looks like, I pulled my hair forward to cut it). I debated about it for weeks. I didn't do the two inch at a time thing because there was a pretty clear mark where the ends started to deteriorate, and I snipped there.

Not a single person has noticed. I have pointed out that for many of the people I am talking to, if they cut off four inches of hair and I didn't notice they'd be pissed, but then they'd be bald, so it'd stand out pretty well.

Anyway, my ends look and handle a lot better now, and I'm having a me-sick-day in the bathtub, so I've got ojon oil soaking in my hair from the ears down, and the experiment with Lush's new shampoo bars is going well enough I may never go back to non-poo-bars. My hair is looking fabulous lately and now I suspect that no one notices

My room mates have also complained about how they have no idea how it gets there but they're pulling my hair out of their butts when they shower. I think it serves them right for not noticing that I cut my hair! My hair will not be ignored and now it's on an imperialistic quest to annoy anyone who fails to see it's glory! No butt crack is safe! Muahahaha.

I even took some pictures but you can't seethe ends looking thin and raggedy before, so the positive change isn't as obvious. I can't even take the pictures to show off my hair.

I guess I thought that having not cut my hair in a couple of years, any cut would be noticeable. I trimmed up from almost tail bone to waist, and while WE can tell the difference between the two lengths, anyone who thinks BSL is super freaky long isn't going to be able to notice.

Don't mind the rambling. I'm sick. I blame the sick.

Some people just *don't* notice things like hair length! Then, there are some people who you wouldn't expect to notice, and they do. Might not be that they do or don't care, it's just what they take in visually.

I do think it is halarious that your hair is... erm, getting revenge on their butts.

Whooo!

Sometimes getting a trim is so hard to do, but I'm sure it's worth it. Sounds like your hair is so much easier to manage now. You're certainly pampering it!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    n/a/n/a/n/a
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MadPirateBippy View Post
    My room mates have also complained about how they have no idea how it gets there but they're pulling my hair out of their butts when they shower. I think it serves them right for not noticing that I cut my hair! My hair will not be ignored and now it's on an imperialistic quest to annoy anyone who fails to see it's glory! No butt crack is safe! Muahahaha.
    Hahahahaha! I love this! My dh complains of the same thing except it also gets wrapped around other places on him (I will let you figure out what that means).
    And I would have noticed if you got a trim! Can't wait to see the pics!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I'm so sorry you are sick. I am sick too so at least you have miserable company!!!

Your post made me snort it was so funny! No and you are so right, people really are so self-absorbed sometimes that they need to get some hair in their butt to wake em up! Hmmppffff!

Signed,
    The other cranky sick girl

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

ehehe if your are happy then you shouldnt be bothered! Many people dont like long hair. And so what? Many people dont care about hair... so thats not a personal offence. But you should be happy. you love hair and you´re loving yours
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Type
    3a/3b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MadPirateBippy View Post
    I cut my hair and no one noticed. The damage from the rag curl disaster and the removal of the dreadlocks finally caught up with me and my ends were fried. :
    How did you ever remove your dreadlocks? I am trying to help with the removal of dreads. But one particular dread refuses to come apart . . . no matter what I put on it, how much I cut off of it, or what I use to help in pickiung it apart.

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Im sorry no one noticed!!! My co-workers tell me that Im the only one who notices these things...

I laughed hysterically!!!! Im glad that my hair isnt the only one that seems to have a heat seeking radar for dark places!!!!!
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

You are very funny. Some people really just don't care about hair! When your hair is very long(waist+), I think people don't notice a cut as much.
    But I DEFINATELY would have noticed your hair being cut!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

Most people don't seem to notice haircuts unless it's a big difference (like long to shoulder length or shorter).

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I almost always notice when somebody changes their hair, but sometimes it's hard to pin-point exactly what changed, so I don't know what to say. Of course, sometimes I don't like the change, and going by 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything', I don't say anything, and nobody knows why I'm keeping my mouth shut. Which is exactly how I like it.