Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nighttime routine?

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Question Nighttime routine?

Many moons ago, I used to braid my hair to sleep. However, I found that started to really become a problem. I'm a restless sleeper, so I found piling my hair on my pillow(behind it) works the best. However, I'm noticing a lot more breakage.

How do you all do your hair? Any restless sleepers out there that can give me advice? I'm a back sleeper, but my head lolls to the side.

Thanks gang!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

If you want to use a protective style while sleeping on your back, simply place it way on top of your head. That's what I do if I had been wearing my hair down.

The French braid actually seems the best at keeping all the ends in and not looking too much like I slept in a bush, but if I had been wearing my hair down and curly with gel in it there is just no way I'd be able to separate and wrangle it to make this.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I braid, then wrap my hair around my head and cover with a buff. Works great!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Get a silk pillowcase!!!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Waist/Clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Mine is wet when I sleep usually, so I sleep with it draped loose over my pillow. I use a satin pillow cover. I have actually noticed less breakage this way than when I used to bun it, for some reason.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I used to high bun my hair, but after a few weeks it got uncomfortable. It likes to be loose during sleepy time;preferably above my head, but occasionally trying to choke me to death
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I tend to wash my hair at night as well, so perhaps I will splurge on a silk pillow case.

I used to do a high braid and keep the braid above my head, so that might work too
    Thanks!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I am same as you on how I sleep but not a restless sleeper normally. Still a braid or any kind of restraint on my hair drives me nutty. So I just detangle, put some oil on it and drape it over the pillow. I use a high thread count pillow can't stand a satin pillowcase. I hate sliding around. I don't notice breakage from it but maybe because I don't really usually toss and turn, just sleep the same pretty much all night except turn over once or tiwice from my right side to my back. Oops, guess I'm no help.

(backs out of thread apologetically)

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    --/APL--/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

Usually two braids or two buns. I sleep on my stomach.

Henna. 1b. F. ii/iii.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I tried buns, but the pins I use to secure the buns would give me breakage. I braid it and toss it over my head for the night. I don't see much breakage from that. I have tried crown braids and they seem to work well. Unfortunately, I am horrible at crow braids.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade