View Poll Results: What did you think of long hair (and hair in general) as a child?

Voters
494. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved long hair and everything to do with it

284 57.49%
  • I wasn't bothered

146 29.55%
  • I hated/couldn't stand/didnt like long hair as a child

28 5.67%
  • I played with cheese

36 7.29%
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your childhood view of hair and the view you hold now!

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Your childhood view of hair and the view you hold now!

Well, as a child I loved hair- long hair. And I loved to play with it and brush other peoples hair.

How many others were like this as children and are long haired now?

Length
    shldr/hip/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I was always braiding my doll's hair, loved that. I really liked when I got a haircut (usually just to trim the split ends) and the hairdresser would make a french braid or something.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I was somewhere between the first two options. So, I chose I loved long hair.

I remember being super excited when I could tie my pigtails in a knot under my chin. I showed everyone. And, I remember seeing another girl's updo and going home and having my mom do it for me. And, I had to have my brush. Not anyone elses.

But, I mostly ignored my hair. It was just there and I liked it. But, I had some playing to do!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I loved the idea of long hair, but I didn't take care of it. Long hair reminded me of princesses, and because I loved fantasy, warrior women with long flowing hair.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Mine was always long. I remember being frustrated when I was very little and not skilled enough to braid it on my own, mostly because my mother always pulled it too tight. When I was 10 I asked to have it cut up to just below my shoulders. After that I was able to fix it on my own and I loved it. Tried a "pixie" cut at 13 (ah, junior high school angst...) and found out why I liked it long.

My cousins and I all grew up with long hair and used to play with each others' hair. My aunt would sometimes give us "Princess Leia" buns!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've always loved long hair, and thankfully never had parents that cut it short So never anything shorter than BSL for me, and most times longer!

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I always loved long hair, but because my parents (mom) couldn't handle my crying fits at trying to remove my snarls, she chose to have it hacked off like a boy. Yes, I went to the barber with my brother. UGH. They couldn't even have gotten me a cut, pixie cut or something. So, from age 4 to age 9, I had short, short, short hair. This was in the 70s, when long hair was very in, and I LOVED Jane Seymour's hair and Crystal Gale. I wanted my hair to the floor, so my parents said when I was old enough to care for my own hair, I could grow it. So, alas, maybe I was 8, I started washing my own hair and viola, I started growing it! It seemed to take forever, but it actually grew quite fast considering how short it was.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I have always loved long hair, I used to put the waistband of my mums skirts round my head and pretend it was long hair. Long hair to me as a child meant Barbie and sindy dolls, which I would comb and style, then I go bored and gave them all concave bobs, to which I got a right telling off for!

Suppose my views have changed a bit, long hair to me now is part of who I am, it gives me confidence and makes me feel feminine, though through the years I have done to myself what I did to my poor dolls; now I am in for the long haul, no more bobs for me or my dolls!

(yes I still have a Barbie but she is looked after nicely these days!)
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I always liked long hair. But was not allowed to have it long until I was 6

Length
    19"/34"/40+?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/i/ii

I love long hair. My mother hates it. Helmet head for everyone, in her opinion. It's been a war ever since I was old enough to have an opinion, and this will likely continue until she's too old to voice one herself. I tried dreads once and she wouldn't speak to me except using words ranging from those you can't say on television to those you can't say in public at all if you don't want an angry mob on you, until I took them out. And yes, I was an adult at the time.
    INTJ, Yellow Ajah...how's that work?

Was iii - I want my hair back!!!