View Poll Results: What did you think of long hair (and hair in general) as a child?

Voters
494. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved long hair and everything to do with it

284 57.49%
  • I wasn't bothered

146 29.55%
  • I hated/couldn't stand/didnt like long hair as a child

28 5.67%
  • I played with cheese

36 7.29%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your childhood view of hair and the view you hold now!

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I have always loved long hair. I never wanted one of those cute, trendy short hair styles.
    I am fascinated to see older (what I perceived as grandmother age) people with long hair.

A few weeks ago I spotted a gentleman (maybe 60 or so) with waist length or longer hair. He was riding a bicycle down the street and I nearly broke my neck trying to get a good look at his hair. That sighting made my day!
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I loved it when Nanny brushed my hair.

I especially loved it when she would tell me it was pretty.
    [/URL]

Length
    10/53/30
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

I loved long hair as I child, but did not really have it. My parents didn't exactly know how to deal with a child who had curly hair that screamed over having her hair detangled. Beyond the age of 5 I was not allowed to have hair longer than bsl.

Length
    pixie/shldr/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I HATED long hair. I guess it was because all the female movie characters and cartoon characters I admired were the strong, tomboy type, and they always had bobs or shorter.

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I was really bald as a baby, for a long time. Except for bangs, my hair wasn't cut until partway through junior kindergarten (age 4), and even then it didn't reach my shoulders. I have pictures of this, school pictures, somewhere. (As you can see, my hair is thicker and grows at a normal if somewhat slow pace now.)

After this, my hair was bluntly bobbed though to grade four, at various lengths. Then I started growing and cutting and made up my mind to start keeping the length in grade six or seven.

I always loved long hair on others, and loved playing with it--usually my friends' hair. I liked styling my dolls' hair too, and kept my Barbies immaculately.

I guess I love long hair now because I can appreciate not having it, as well as the versatility of having it. Plus love the feeling of it when it's loose, on my bare back.

Whoops, I think I got a little carried away in my nostalgia . . .
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

My parents made us have long hair, like not forced, we were never interested in long or short hair, but they just did it and then at our communions she lopped it off because it was hard to care for over 8 feet of hair (3 girls with long hair and my mothers own hair) amongst other things a mother needs to care for when her 3 children are all 1-2 years apart.
    Then after i got it cut i kept growing it, and i never had it above my sholders again, i enjoyed the attention i got from my abnormally long hair. And then i wanted to fit in so i fried and dyed it and then ruined it in the process and had to cut it short because it was so rough and aweful.
    I'm still outgrowing the damage, and now i just think long hair is something from fairytales, a true beauty and it really represents my personality! I've never paid so much attention with my hair, i always liked it long but when you loose something- that's when you learn to appreciate it!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    pixie/16/20+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

We were never allowed to cut our hair when I was a kid. So I really hated long hair. While everyone was sporting a Dorothy Hamill I had long hair. I got teased about it a lot too. Which made me hate long hair even more.

Every Day is a New Beginning
    1c/2a/M/ii

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii

I've always loved long hair I remember that one of my cousins had long hair (about waistlenght) and I used to say that I wanted that long hair too. Then she cutted her long hair off and I couldn't understand why she did that.

I don't know where this "obsession" comes from... All those Disney-princesses and Barbies maybe? :P

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Saranne772 View Post
    Well, as a child I loved hair- long hair. And I loved to play with it and brush other peoples hair.

How many others were like this as children and are long haired now?
    Me too Long Hair is a life long love of mine

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Length
    24"/32"/?""
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I also always loved long hair, but had short hair growing up..I never imagined growing out my hair..my mother had beautiful long locks and she would always put it in a bun on top of her hair..she always looked different than the other moms with more of the mom cuts or funky hair.,but I always admired my mothers hair and others I saw with long hair.