View Poll Results: What did you think of long hair (and hair in general) as a child?

Voters
494. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved long hair and everything to do with it

284 57.49%
  • I wasn't bothered

146 29.55%
  • I hated/couldn't stand/didnt like long hair as a child

28 5.67%
  • I played with cheese

36 7.29%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your childhood view of hair and the view you hold now!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Long hair was beautiful and magical to me. I loved it, but my mother didn't know what the heck to do with my thick wild hair so it was always "short shag". She passed away when I was 11, and I didn't know what the heck to do with my thick wild hair, so it would get to bsl and look like a horses patoot and I'd cut it off and try again, always with the same result.

Definition of insanity: to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I loved long hair, but I never had it. My best friend in elementary school had hair she could sit on. It was glossy and dark brown and super wavy. I clearly remember wishing my hair was like hers.

I always wanted to grow my hair long, and my mother always cut my hair short. I had to wait until High School.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Rapunzel Wannabe Robbi Dehlinger's Avatar
    Length
    SHORT/24 in/60 in

I always ADORED long hair and used to get so MAD when a girl would get heres cut!

All her g/f's would tell her how nice it looked. I wanted to say: WHY did you cut your pretty hair? but was much too shy!
    How long will it grow? Who knows? Let us see? Maybe I will be the next Diane Witt?

Length
    10"/45"/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

My twin sister and I both had very long hair as children. My grandmother convinced me to cut it to chin length when I was 10 and I hated it! I've been growing it ever since.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I've always loved long hair and always had it long. Except for one time in junior high, when I finally caved into what my Grandmother and Great Aunt's wanted me to do and cut it to my shoulders. I had extra waves, but couldn't wait for it to grow back out, and needless to say, never "cut" it since. Only trims to keep it a little below tailbone for me. I am considering letting it grow down to classic though, as I only have around 3-4 inches to go.

Lady Tanzanite of Cascading Dragon River in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I LOVED long hair. I LONGED for long hair. But I was only allowed to have this:

**Doing my best Scarlett O'Hara impression***
    "I swear, God as my witness, I will never be short-haired again! I will never use cones or have chemo or radiation again! I will have long hair!"

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    n/a/n/a/n/a
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I loved long hair as a child and growing up, but my mother always made me cut it off as a child because she could not stand it. I even remember in high school in 6th period class there was this girl that used to take her comb out when class was coming to an end and comb out her waist length hair. I would just sit there and watch her comb her hair, she probably thought I was a wierdo but I remember thinking I would love to have hair that long and impressive!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hips?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Another long hair lover who had her hair cut boy style every single summer. I only had it cut once a year, in summer, but hated it.
    Live the Yoga Life in every moment
    www.yogalife.es

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I was so way not interested in hair that the only right option for me is the one.
    I´m not sure if I even noticed the sheer existence of hair as a kid, lave alone being interested in it. There have been so many more exciting things... like playing with friends, my cat or other animals, trees and flowers, building a tree house, playing with cheese...
    *hey, look a cat!*
    I´m a bad long hair I guess.

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've always loved long hair. As soon as I could care for my hair myself it's been at least apl.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.