Thread: Help, please, can't find the answers.

Length
    19"/43"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Help, please, can't find the answers.

1. Even though I check the remember me, I keep having to log back in.

2. Our Journals? Are they coming back? Are they someplace I just haven't found yet? If the Blogs are replacing them, can we get access to our old journals to copy out recipe and pictures that are important. Can we move those to the Blog. Is the Blog "private" like the old journals?

3. Our Recipes? Articles? (I can be patient, I just want to know if they're coming back)

I'm glad LHC is back, I just miss having access to the recipes and my journal.
    [/URL]

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Sorry, can't answer most of your questions. I'm sure a mod or admin will be around to do that though. But yes the blogs can be set to private.

Length
    2/69/70?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
    1. Even though I check the remember me, I keep having to log back in.
    I'm not sure why that's happening. There's a thread about log-in problems, so please either post there or e-mail the mods so we can have an admin look into it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
    2. Our Journals? Are they coming back? Are they someplace I just haven't found yet? If the Blogs are replacing them, can we get access to our old journals to copy out recipe and pictures that are important. Can we move those to the Blog. Is the Blog "private" like the old journals?
    Stephanie posted about that here in Site Happenings, but in short:

blog = journal (+ comments, if you want to allow them) - also, since you can allow comments if you want, there's no need for separate journal and photo journals, because if you have commenting enabled, people can respond right in your blog (journal)
    old forums = currently inaccessible. Stephanie is working on getting the old journals and such readable so that people can save them.
    Hope that helps.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Gladtobemom, I am so glad to see you! I've been thinking of you quite a bit.

I was able to view some of the old boards, but it was in simple format (not sure what it is called, not graphics or smilies). AND I couldn't see anything that had been posted in January. I'm not sure at what point I could/couldn't view. Anyway, go here and log in. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive.

I was able to pull some old threads that meant a lot to me, but I'd never saved anywhere else.

I hope that helps a bit.

Hugs and it is good to see you back!
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    ... Anyway, go here and log in. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on Archive.
    For what it's worth, this never works for me. I can see the threads, but every time I click on a link, I get a database error.

Is there some trick to it?

Length
    2/69/70?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

It never works for me, either. Guess I just have to be patient and wait until the archived info is retrieved.

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I kept clicking until I got one to work. I even had to click on other pages (like on the Mane board, I had to click on page 2 or 10). What I've figured out is this:

Anything that was posted in after about January 16th gives you the error, even if the thread was started 3 years ago.

Anything from the private boards (meets, journals, photo boards, etc) gives the error.

Hope that helps.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbarefoot View Post
    It never works for me, either. Guess I just have to be patient and wait until the archived info is retrieved.
    Sorry we're in the same boat, but at least we're not alone.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Technical glitches can be so frustrating.