Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Terminal length and other questions :)

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Terminal length and other questions :)

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    I'm gonna state the obvious here; you don't know what healthy hair feels/looks like.
    Very true. Virgin hair = healthy hair. Dyed hair = damaged to some degree. Permed or relaxed hair = damaged some more. Combine the two and you've got major damage. Combine that with years of doing this = cumulative damage.

You have to accept these things, Dark40! You can't say you know what healthy hair is, what damage free hair is, when your hair is totally damaged due to the things you are doing to it. It's not virgin hair.

And 2c/3a hair needing a relaxer? That is... so odd!

But... I'm "over" getting worked up about someone else's hair. No-one is going to get me that far.

You do you. But I'd totally wish the threads that popped up weren't always the same. You have been here a long time and haven't gotten past waist. That should tell you all you need to know.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I definitely fear terminal length. I put so much effort in, but I confided in my sister my intentions of growing long and she said that terminal length for me would be just below breasts.

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    I'm gonna state the obvious here; you don't know what healthy hair feels/looks like.

You've haven't had virgin hair since...??? Why should we believe your hair is healthy? After everything you tell us you do to it? Your hair isn't special. It's isn't magically damage proof. You can do whatever you want to it, it's your hair, but you need to accept that there WILL BE DAMAGE. This is what is keeping your hair from retaining length. Just using deep conditioners doesn't erase the damage. No product will. Once it's there it'll stay til you cut it off. THAT is why you are stuck in this cycle of grow. damage. trim. grow. damage. trim. Only doing one damaging thing is fine if you're careful with everything else but that's not what you're doing. Don't pretend you have no idea why your hair isn't growing past a certain length. You're seeing the effects first hand. But you like to call it a growth stall.

You've been here since 2010 and haven't learned anything. Every time you ask questions we answer but you never really listen. You only hear what you want to hear. Your story is always changing. I agree with your mother. You need to be realistic about your length goals. Because from what you're sharing with us; you'd rather have styled hair than length*.

You do care what we say, but only if you agree with it. Everything else is just bullying, right?

end/rant
    *Which is a perfectly okay preference. But don't expect both and then say we're wrong.

And so help me if you keep repeating our responses like an essay prompt I'll lose my damn mind
    I'm gonna state something to right here as well, Ohhhhh, yes I do know what healthy hair feels/ look like.

So, don't you dare even go there. I have virgin hair now is what I keep trying to tell you. You are not listening to me, and I am listening to every word you all are saying but I have a right to disagree with it just like you have a right to disagree with my opinions. You don't know me. You have no right whatsoever making that statement. I know exactly what Healthy hair feels/looks like.

And, I don't heat style my hair. You all are over-exaggerating again of what I do to my hair. Blow-drying for only 5 minutes 2 or 3 times out of the week, relaxing twice a year, and dyeing twice a year is not damaging. It can cause damage if you don't know what you're doing but like I've said in another post in here....."If my hair was damaged I would be able to see it," and "Plus, I would be going through the symptoms of damaged hairs." My hair is not falling out, and BTW, yeah I've been here a long time since 2010, and my hair has not been waist length since 2010. When I joined in 2010 to make a correction I started out with a chin length bob. My hair was a chin length bob not waist length. My hair has been waist length since 2017 not 2010. So, get your facts straight now.

I've been to cosmetology school in order to feel/look at healthy hair. I always knew exactly what healthy hair looks/feels like. I am not pretending like I don't know why my hair isn't growing past a certain. Look, I know that my hair can grow a lot longer than waist. It's just gonna take a lot longer than I thought, and just for your information my mother told me today that the longest my hair can grow is hip length. So, if that's true that's fine for me. But, I believe it can grow a few more inches than that. Even if I both relax and color my hair, and that is not that often.

Well, you believe what you want to believe but I know for a fact that my hair is healthy. Because, if it wasn't it would be shedding a lot, and plus I would be going through tons of hair loss, and since I've been here I have learned a lot on how to take good care of my hair and grow it longer within the 9 years I've been here. I've learned to co-wash more often, and deep condition more often, and keep it well-moisturized.
    Last edited by Dark40; December 16th, 2019 at 04:31 PM.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    I'm gonna state something to right here as well, Ohhhhh, yes I do know what healthy hair feels/ look like.

So, don't you dare even go there. I have virgin hair now is what I keep trying to tell you. You are not listening to me, and I am listening to every word you all are saying but I have a right to disagree with it just like you have a right to disagree with my opinions. You don't know me. You have no right whatsoever making that statement. I know exactly what Healthy hair feels/looks like.

And, I don't heat style my hair. You all are over-exaggerating again of what I do to my hair. Blow-drying for only 5 minutes 2 or 3 times out of the week, relaxing twice a year, and dyeing twice a year is not damaging. It can cause damage if you don't know what you're doing but like I've said in another post in here....."If my hair was damaged I would be able to see it," and "Plus, I would be going through the symptoms of damaged hairs." My hair is not falling out, and BTW, yeah I've been here a long time since 2010, and my hair has not been waist length since 2010. When I joined in 2010 to make a correction I started out with a chin length bob. My hair was a chin length bob not waist length. My hair has been waist length since 2017 not 2010. So, get your facts straight now.

I've been to cosmetology school in order to feel/look at healthy hair. I always knew exactly what healthy hair looks/feels like. I am not pretending like I don't know why my hair isn't growing past a certain. Look, I know that my hair can grow a lot longer than waist. It's just gonna take a lot longer than I thought, and just for your information my mother told me today that the longest my hair can grow is hip length. So, if that's true that's fine for me. But, I believe it can grow a few more inches than that. Even if I both relax and color my hair, and that is not that often.

Well, you believe what you want to believe but I know for a fact that my hair is healthy. Because, if it wasn't it would be shedding a lot, and plus I would be going through tons of hair loss, and since I've been here I have learned a lot on how to take good care of my hair and grow it longer within the 9 years I've been here. I've learned to co-wash more often, and deep condition more often, and keep it well-moisturized.
    Unhealthy hair doesn't mean shedding a lot lol wth. One can have super healthy hair and still shed.

How does one have virgin hair when they relax? That's not virgin at all.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    ./CL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post

And there you have it folks. This is delusion at it finest.
    1. You lie about everything, so YOU keep your "facts" straight sweetie (we all know how quickly your facts change which leads to much confusion down threads like this)
    2. You STILL don't understand what cumulative damage is (as highlighted in your blithering response)
    3. I have the right to call you out just like anybody else on the internet. If you don't like it then stop posting your bs.
    No Trim 2019/20 . Use It Up 2019/20 . Daily wash w/Sulfates(Silicone-free) S+C+Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Closing thread. Go find something else to do.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*