Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sticky hair

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default sticky hair

Ever since I started washing my hair the good way (Conditioner from ears down, shampoo on scalp only) I see that my lenght looks like it never dries up, it feels sticky/oily. The only time during this month when my hair looked fluffy and shiny all the way down was when I gave up and just shampooed it.

I am rinsing my hair thorougly with warm water, and then with cool, to close up the cuticules. I don't know what am I doing wrong.

Any advice?

Oh, and the hair looks good in a braid or updo, but I haven't worn it loose for a mont now, because I don't like the way it looks.

O maybe it's just a mater of time until my hair gets used to the new method?

Length
    tbl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: sticky hair

This also happens to me, now I don't use conditioner any more, my hair isn't dry but it's harder to detangle this way. I'll be watching this thread...

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Are you using a coney conditioner?

It could be build up. Or maybe you just need a lighter conditioner.

You could try clarifying as well.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Sounds to me like you don't have a good conditioner for this, or else you may not be fully rinsing it out.

Try clarifying (shampoo root to tip with something sulfatey), and consider telling us what conditioner you're using and/or posting an ingredients list.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Sounds exactly like what happens to my hair every now and again. I find mine feels this way when I have build up and need to clarify, certain conditioners are far too heavy for my hair and cause this after one use, Aussie 3minute miracle was one, any garnier fructis or triple nutrition did it too. (I only used these once but it was horrible!)
    Perhaps you should clarify then find yourself a good cone free conditioner to see if it is build up?

Brand New Redhead

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Well, after the first time it happened I thought I might not be rinsing enough, so all other times I paid attention to that.

I picked the conditioner after reading LHC, so it's a cone free one (as far as I can tell)

It's Garnier NaturaL Care with avocado oil and shea butter ant the ingredients are:
    water/celearyl alc, palm oil, behentrimonium chloride, (two yellow dyes), stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, chlorhexidine, dihydrochloride, avocado oil, citric acid, shea butter, hexyl cinnamal, glycerin and parfum.

My shampoo is Farmona (a polish company) Radical with horsetail, which is a shampoo I used to use a couple years ago, and back then it left my hair a lot happier No cones in the shampoo, and the cleaning agents are sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl sarcosinate.

hope that helps solving the mystery

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hmmmm. I've used this method for years with all kinds of shampoo and conditioner and have never once had this problem, except that every once in awhile I have to give my hair a good clarifying wash from scalp to ends to clean up buildup from cones, oils, etc.

Have you tried that - washing hair from scalp to ends with a good clarifying shampoo? If not, do so. Then re-start CWC.

Length
    tbl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Sounds to me like you don't have a good conditioner for this, or else you may not be fully rinsing it out.
    I think my hair has this problem because I don't rise for enough time...the times were my hair was fine was when I just soaked it in a water bucket for 3 or more minutes...the shower isn't enough...

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

That looks like a nice conditioner, but it seems like it has a LOT of oil in it... It has palm oil even before the behentrimonium, which is a mild surfactant. It might just be too much oil for your hair, though I imagine it would work OK for someone with drier or perhaps curlier hair than yours.

Do be aware that with these more conditioning wash techniques, hair tends to be less fluffy and tends to hang in coherent shiny chunks more, with all the hairs together rather than each doing its own thing. At least, that's what happens with mine. It's still light, but it's less fluffy and I don't have as many happy little baby hairs springing out every whichway.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Well, I don't mind if it is not fluffy.. it just looks like it's a bit damp. All the time.

Oh well, I'll try a clarifying shampoo, and see what happens. Only - I have no idea what kind of c. shampoo I'll find here