Page 437 of 456 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 4554

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

I might be moving here from no trims, I'm not 100% sure yet, I might end up cancelling my hair appointment tomorrow

Edit: changed my mind
    Last edited by Bat; August 23rd, 2021 at 05:25 AM.

Length
    SL/FTL/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think I'll join this thread. I was going to grow to classic and maintain but I'm nearly at classic and I already want to grow to fingertip or maybe knee. Frequent trims seem to help and they give me back a semblance of a hemline.

I gave myself about a 1cm trim. I think I'll do this every other to every three months taking off around a cm. I could do this more often but I'm notoriously bad at only taking off exactly what I meant to and usually cut a little more. Spacing the trims will help me still get growth.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Man, it's been 3 times now that I have had to compact cut (unicorn cut) in the space of a month. My hair is growing like *mad*. I mean I have upped my vegetable intake and fruit intake as I was losing weight rather than putting it on and so that seemed like a good option to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and be a little more healthy as I was barely eating fruit anyway. And you know what? My hair can't stop growing.

Now that I am trying to maintain it at classic, now it wants to grow.

I eat 125gr of raspberries and 250gr of blueberries a day, each day, every day, no pauses. If they're flat out of season, I am going to be having a banana or kiwi a day. Love bananas!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I was planning for a *bigger* trim of a whole inch. I guess this is what it turned out to be. Using Feye’s method for u-shaped hem

I'm thinking about becoming a microtrimmer. 🤔 I've always done the opposite and gone at least a year between trims, but I did a small trim recently that revived my hair so much that it's made me consider trimming regularly. I'm not really growing to any certain goal, so it makes sense to focus on healthy and thick ends instead.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I'm at a loss ignore this post
    Last edited by Bat; September 23rd, 2021 at 05:22 AM.

I don't really know what my trimming plan should be. My hair isn't damaged so it doesn't technically need trimmed, but I'd like to keep the ends thick and blunt. I'm thinking to trim maybe every 4 months? And maybe only like .25 inch?

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I guess I might finally belong here, I don't think I'll be microtrimming exactly but I'm not going to resist getting trims anymore and expect to get one every three or four months. I would like to stay in the mid thigh range (in the zone between finger tip and knee) indefinitely. Maybe my ends will improve but even if not I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wo View Post
    I don't really know what my trimming plan should be. My hair isn't damaged so it doesn't technically need trimmed, but I'd like to keep the ends thick and blunt. I'm thinking to trim maybe every 4 months? And maybe only like .25 inch?
    That sounds reasonable if you need a plan, or you could just keep an eye on it and trim as needed. I tend to get a trim when I start feeling unhappy with my hair (I guess that makes me an emotional trimmer by definition ), which historically has been every 4 months for me.

Thanks, Zesty. I think I'll try growing for 8 months to get to BCL and then see if I want to trim. I'll search and destroy but I think my ends can go that long.

I did the teeniest tiniest trim, a proper dusting. 1/4” maximum came off a few racers, but literally dust off the rest of my hair. The shape was a bit uneven from the last trim, because I did a combination of two methods, so hopefully it’s a bit more cohesive now.

I’m in two minds as to whether doing such a tiny trim is useful. It keeps the shape consistent, which means if I want to do a bigger trim another time, I will be taking from both the sides and the back. My hair grows faster at the back, and if I leave it 12 weeks or more to trim, I’m really only losing length and not trimming the front and sides, which is the opposite of what I need to do. The back has more density and has strength in numbers, but the front and the sides grow slowly, and are thinner and more delicate.

Another plus is that it keeps the hemline thicker. I’m quite self conscious about how thin my hair looks, even after maintaining for 2 years, so I might as well do what I can to give the illusion that it’s thicker. Also, my hair does better when it’s one length, any outliers are more prone to damage. If the racers get damaged they’ll snag the healthier hair too.

I think I’ve talked myself into regular dustings! I can’t think of any cons.