Page 431 of 434 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4337

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Hello! I plan to maintain at waist until spring so that I can work on growing out layers and chemical damage.

Can anyone suggest a good method for self trimming thick hair that results in a blunt hem?

If I need to I can have my SO help but in that case the method would need to require little artistic talent.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hello! I plan to maintain at waist until spring so that I can work on growing out layers and chemical damage.

Can anyone suggest a good method for self trimming thick hair that results in a blunt hem?

If I need to I can have my SO help but in that case the method would need to require little artistic talent.
    Feye's self trimming method, or spidermom's technique on Feye's.

If you can't do that (too thick) you can always try Brad Mondo's way (sectioned off):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmfUcD0Xzg
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Feye's self trimming method, or spidermom's technique on Feye's.

If you can't do that (too thick) you can always try Brad Mondo's way (sectioned off):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmfUcD0Xzg
    Does feye's self trimming metod result in a straight line? It seems to me that redirecting all of your hair toward the back would result in an upside down U since the hair at the front is pulled a further distance than what is in the back.

Brad Mondo specifically states in his self trim video that people with thick hair shouldn't use that method.

I was thinking that maybe I saw somewhere around here that there is a method in which you lay the hair flat between the pages of a book and then use the book for a guide while your hairs are fixed in place. Did I dream that up?

edit - never mind the question. I think I'll just go to my mom's and have her do it. My SO can set up our laser level as a guide and we'll do it in sections from bottom to top. I can't imagine that could go too disastrously.
    Last edited by jane_marie; January 15th, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

Does feye's self trimming metod result in a straight line? It seems to me that redirecting all of your hair toward the back would result in an upside down U since the hair at the front is pulled a further distance than what is in the back.

Brad Mondo specifically states in his self trim video that people with thick hair shouldn't use that method.

I was thinking that maybe I saw somewhere around here that there is a method in which you lay the hair flat between the pages of a book and then use the book for a guide while your hairs are fixed in place. Did I dream that up?

edit - never mind the question. I think I'll just go to my mom's and have her do it. My SO can set up our laser level as a guide and we'll do it in sections from bottom to top. I can't imagine that could go too disastrously.
    I'm pretty sure the book one is Spidermoms method I think? I've seen it around too, good luck on your future trims!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm pretty sure the book one is Spidermoms method I think? I've seen it around too, good luck on your future trims!
    Yes. Feye's is blunt, U or V. 3 ways to do it.

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hi there,
    I feel kind of silly posting here because I just joined the "choppers" thread - I thought I'd never stick to a micro-trimming plan.
    But since I posted in the monthly picture thread, if I take the time to take a picture each month I might as well trim 1cm too
    Either way, I'll be maintaining for at least one year.
    Here's my starting point. I'm at tailbone (well, strictly more than 0 hairs are there lol) and I really don't feel like cutting back to wherever it looks decently thick (somewhere from hip all the way up to an APL-BSL V shape ).
    But my ends are so thin, I'd even say Gollum-like

I really hope I can get them to thicken up.
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Hi there,
    I feel kind of silly posting here because I just joined the "choppers" thread - I thought I'd never stick to a micro-trimming plan.
    But since I posted in the monthly picture thread, if I take the time to take a picture each month I might as well trim 1cm too
    Here's my starting point. I'm at tailbone (well, strictly more than 0 hairs are there lol) and I really don't feel like cutting back to wherever it looks decently thick (somewhere from hip all the way up to an APL-BSL V shape ).

Oh for sure. It doesn't look bad to me, but if you want thicker ends, that's totally doable!

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I wanted to stop in and say thanks to lapuska and Bat for the help! I read up on these methods and modified spidermom's variation using a DIY creaclip. I'm really happy with the result.

This should save me quite a bit of money as my hair gets longer. <3

*hugs*

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Hi there,

I've done this succesfully - thickened up my ends by microtrimming every month. It's totally possible if it suits your personality, growth pattern and lifestyle - the key is just to make sure you're not trimming more than what you grew in the month, and of course patience

I'm actually in that choppers thread as well as here - I bounce back and forth between the two trimming strategies just to keep routine-fatigue from taking hold, since my routine is exremely routine, hahaha!

Good luck and enjoy the journey!! Many others have found success with this approach so you're in good company
    ▪daily washing▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the scalp▪combing from the top down▪hair worn down and loose▪

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

I wanted to stop in and say thanks to lapuska and Bat for the help! I read up on these methods and modified spidermom's variation using a DIY creaclip. I'm really happy with the result.

This should save me quite a bit of money as my hair gets longer. <3

*hugs*
    Huuugs happy to help how did it turn out?