Page 431 of 434 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 4337

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

  1. #4301
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    surrounded by corn
    Posts
    2,789
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Hello! I plan to maintain at waist until spring so that I can work on growing out layers and chemical damage.

    Can anyone suggest a good method for self trimming thick hair that results in a blunt hem?

    If I need to I can have my SO help but in that case the method would need to require little artistic talent.

  2. #4302
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    58,739
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hello! I plan to maintain at waist until spring so that I can work on growing out layers and chemical damage.

    Can anyone suggest a good method for self trimming thick hair that results in a blunt hem?

    If I need to I can have my SO help but in that case the method would need to require little artistic talent.
    Feye's self trimming method, or spidermom's technique on Feye's.

    If you can't do that (too thick) you can always try Brad Mondo's way (sectioned off):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmfUcD0Xzg
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  3. #4303
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    surrounded by corn
    Posts
    2,789
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Feye's self trimming method, or spidermom's technique on Feye's.

    If you can't do that (too thick) you can always try Brad Mondo's way (sectioned off):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmfUcD0Xzg
    Does feye's self trimming metod result in a straight line? It seems to me that redirecting all of your hair toward the back would result in an upside down U since the hair at the front is pulled a further distance than what is in the back.

    Brad Mondo specifically states in his self trim video that people with thick hair shouldn't use that method.

    I was thinking that maybe I saw somewhere around here that there is a method in which you lay the hair flat between the pages of a book and then use the book for a guide while your hairs are fixed in place. Did I dream that up?

    edit - never mind the question. I think I'll just go to my mom's and have her do it. My SO can set up our laser level as a guide and we'll do it in sections from bottom to top. I can't imagine that could go too disastrously.
    Last edited by jane_marie; January 15th, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

  4. #4304
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A Belfry Tower
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,822
    Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Does feye's self trimming metod result in a straight line? It seems to me that redirecting all of your hair toward the back would result in an upside down U since the hair at the front is pulled a further distance than what is in the back.

    Brad Mondo specifically states in his self trim video that people with thick hair shouldn't use that method.

    I was thinking that maybe I saw somewhere around here that there is a method in which you lay the hair flat between the pages of a book and then use the book for a guide while your hairs are fixed in place. Did I dream that up?

    edit - never mind the question. I think I'll just go to my mom's and have her do it. My SO can set up our laser level as a guide and we'll do it in sections from bottom to top. I can't imagine that could go too disastrously.
    I'm pretty sure the book one is Spidermoms method I think? I've seen it around too, good luck on your future trims!

  5. #4305
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    58,739
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm pretty sure the book one is Spidermoms method I think? I've seen it around too, good luck on your future trims!
    Yes. Feye's is blunt, U or V. 3 ways to do it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  6. #4306
    Member WavyWannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    France
    Age
    22
    Posts
    160
    Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Hi there,
    I feel kind of silly posting here because I just joined the "choppers" thread - I thought I'd never stick to a micro-trimming plan.
    But since I posted in the monthly picture thread, if I take the time to take a picture each month I might as well trim 1cm too
    Either way, I'll be maintaining for at least one year.
    Here's my starting point. I'm at tailbone (well, strictly more than 0 hairs are there lol) and I really don't feel like cutting back to wherever it looks decently thick (somewhere from hip all the way up to an APL-BSL V shape ).
    But my ends are so thin, I'd even say Gollum-like

    I really hope I can get them to thicken up.
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

  7. #4307
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    58,739
    Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Hi there,
    I feel kind of silly posting here because I just joined the "choppers" thread - I thought I'd never stick to a micro-trimming plan.
    But since I posted in the monthly picture thread, if I take the time to take a picture each month I might as well trim 1cm too
    Either way, I'll be maintaining for at least one year.
    Here's my starting point. I'm at tailbone (well, strictly more than 0 hairs are there lol) and I really don't feel like cutting back to wherever it looks decently thick (somewhere from hip all the way up to an APL-BSL V shape ).
    But my ends are so thin, I'd even say Gollum-like

    I really hope I can get them to thicken up.
    Oh for sure. It doesn't look bad to me, but if you want thicker ends, that's totally doable!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  8. #4308
    Account Closed by Member Request
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    surrounded by corn
    Posts
    2,789
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    I wanted to stop in and say thanks to lapuska and Bat for the help! I read up on these methods and modified spidermom's variation using a DIY creaclip. I'm really happy with the result.

    This should save me quite a bit of money as my hair gets longer. <3

    *hugs*

  9. #4309
    Stealth wavy school of fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,495
    Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by WavyWannabe View Post
    Hi there,
    I feel kind of silly posting here because I just joined the "choppers" thread - I thought I'd never stick to a micro-trimming plan.
    But since I posted in the monthly picture thread, if I take the time to take a picture each month I might as well trim 1cm too
    Either way, I'll be maintaining for at least one year.
    Here's my starting point. I'm at tailbone (well, strictly more than 0 hairs are there lol) and I really don't feel like cutting back to wherever it looks decently thick (somewhere from hip all the way up to an APL-BSL V shape ).
    But my ends are so thin, I'd even say Gollum-like

    I really hope I can get them to thicken up.
    I've done this succesfully - thickened up my ends by microtrimming every month. It's totally possible if it suits your personality, growth pattern and lifestyle - the key is just to make sure you're not trimming more than what you grew in the month, and of course patience

    I'm actually in that choppers thread as well as here - I bounce back and forth between the two trimming strategies just to keep routine-fatigue from taking hold, since my routine is exremely routine, hahaha!

    Good luck and enjoy the journey!! Many others have found success with this approach so you're in good company
    ▪daily washing▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the scalp▪combing from the top down▪hair worn down and loose▪

  10. #4310
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A Belfry Tower
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,822
    Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

    Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

    Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I wanted to stop in and say thanks to lapuska and Bat for the help! I read up on these methods and modified spidermom's variation using a DIY creaclip. I'm really happy with the result.

    This should save me quite a bit of money as my hair gets longer. <3

    *hugs*
    Huuugs happy to help how did it turn out?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •