Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you wash it?

In the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
    Length
    <1"/waist/btsme
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Even if I'm taking a bath I'll wash my hair in the shower first. My hair gets too knotted if I bend forward under the faucet. I don't feel it's clean enough if I do it mermaid style. I can't lie on my back to wash it under the faucet that way either - it's just umcomfortable.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

In the shower during the shower. I don't bother washing separately.

Sinks are so small.. But they work when I need to use them. Just like washing your hair upside down in a bucket works.
    Lady Illmater Mother of Väinämöinen in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I like to wash mine either bent over with hair in the kitchen sink or over the bathtub with a detachable hose. If I am really short on time then I will do it while taking a bath or shower but that is not my preference.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Wow! This is neat. I've always washed my hair seperate. Mine doesn't get tangled too badly--well, maybe it does and I've just mastered this process. Hahahah. I would either use the sink, the tub when it got longer and flipped my head over and used the detachable shower head. Now, those don't have enough power, so I just kneel at the side of the tub and wash.

I don't mind the shower for speed, but I can't seem to get my scalp underneath, cleaned well. Probably because I'm in the shower for time! Hahahah.

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

In the shower. I get wet anyway and washing my hair extra would be too much effort. Low maintenance person here.
    No tub because I would feel bad about using so much water to just wash my hair, while I´m able to get along with a not so resource intensive washing method.
    No sink because of tangles, neck-ache, too much hair piling up in the sink and the hair eating monster in the drain
    Not washing extra in the shower or leaning over the tub because I´m way too lazy to wash extra when I can do it while showering. My hair is heavy when it´s wet, bending forward would be really uncomfortable. Bringing all the hair forward to wash it and back again after washing would create lots of unnecessary tangles which does not happen when I wash my hair standing.
    Definitive: Shower! Always have and always will

detangle, flip hair upside down, detangle, "conditioner only" wash kneeling in tub. regular bath after hair washing for the rest of me.

clarifying shampoo once a week.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I wash mine in the shower, standing upright. (It tangles quite a lot when I wash upside down.) I usually CO wash every 2-5 days (as needed), so I wet down my hair, slather on a bunch of condish, then wad up my hair and stick it all in a shower cap. I proceed to wash the rest of me, rinse off, then take off the shower cap and rinse my hair out. I find I don't need an extended CO soak-in for my hair to get clean, which is good because I probably wouldn't do it.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I am way too lazy to separate these processes.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It depends on if I'm washing all of it, or just a scalp wash. Usually for scalp washes I divide my hair into pigtails and braid starting at my shoulders, then wash in the kitchen sink. For a full wash, I prefer the shower.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

In the shower, I have one of those detachable shower head things too.

I tried for the first time yesterday to wash my hair by bending over the tub to "save time". Oh boy, was that a mistake. My hair was so tangled that I ended up having to jump in the shower anyway and straighten things out.