Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why use a microfiber towel?

Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Why use a microfiber towel?

I've been afraid of buying a microfiber towel since I thought it would dry the hair a little too much and suck all the "good" moisture away. So the fact of the matter is not like this and I can buy and use a microfiber towel with a good conscience?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nellen View Post
    I've been afraid of buying a microfiber towel since I thought it would dry the hair a little too much and suck all the "good" moisture away. So the fact of the matter is not like this and I can buy and use a microfiber towel with a good conscience?
    I've never had any such difficulties! My hair doesn't get fully dry with mine, just damp. Then I let it down to finish. I like this method because then I'm not dripping everywhere as much

I prefer microfiber hair towels because they are quite absorbent even better than cotton towels. So this kind of towels dries hair quickly without making frizz!!!
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; October 22nd, 2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Link removed, possible spam.

Length
    SL/BL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Where is a good place to buy extra large microfiber towels? I have to buy online for. Nothing but smaller size is local. Were way out in country.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercat View Post
    Where is a good place to buy extra large microfiber towels? I have to buy online for. Nothing but smaller size is local. Were way out in country.
    You can get them on Amazon. Search something like "microfiber travel beach towel" and look for the dimensions that will suit you. Mine is just about as long as I am tall so you can get as big as you want.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Just browse a fitness section of a store or a sports section. Get a microfiber sports-towel; they are large, and you can make huge microfiber turbies out of them by sewing one end (lengthwise) shut. My mom did this for me and I just love how lightweight it is!

Take a look at this thread:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=131097
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I got mine in a local store in the camping section! It's huge
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    APL/HL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I sew two old tshirts together to make a big 'towel' for my hair. Love it so much never going back!

Length
    SL/BL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Just browse a fitness section of a store or a sports section. Get a microfiber sports-towel; they are large, and you can make huge microfiber turbies out of them by sewing one end (lengthwise) shut. My mom did this for me and I just love how lightweight it is!

Take a look at this thread:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=131097
    Thanks for link that really got me searching. Not a huge fan of the micro feel. But wintertime I have to use a dryer. Hoping this will cut that way down. Have yet to touch my dryer this year but its warm yet here in east TN. So I am hair towel shopping.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks for link that really got me searching. Not a huge fan of the micro feel. But wintertime I have to use a dryer. Hoping this will cut that way down. Have yet to touch my dryer this year but its warm yet here in east TN. So I am hair towel shopping.
    I especially mentioned these sports / fitness towels because they are usually smooth, no "texture" on the towel at all. And that makes it even more effective. I'll see if I can find an example! Be careful, though, because some *do* still have that texture on them. I don't know if it's a particular kind?

I think it's this... I think! ETA/ Yes it is! They are smooth, no texture much like the terry cloth ones; this is as smooth as it gets! I got these exactly (just got them at Aldi).
    https://www.amazon.com/Size-Towels-P.../dp/B07GM2C3WH
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)