Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longer Lengths: Do You Turban After Washing (How Do you Do It?)

Keeper of the Snowflakes Snowymoon's Avatar
    Length
    19/43/Floor
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Red face Longer Lengths: Do You Turban After Washing (How Do you Do It?)

For those of you with longer lengths who turban your hair after washing it, how the heck do you do it? My hair is now longer than my towel, and I am curious as to how y'all longer-length folks handle that. (I have been a plopper for a long time, but I am interested in trying new things as my hair is getting so much longer these days).

~*Snowymoon*~

Account Closed by Member Request

Okay, I don't have long hair anymore, but I once did and I remember this problem.
    I pretty much remember bunning loosely at the top of my head before doing the turban.
    Only thing that worked for me.
    D;

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

My hair is already longer than my turbie lol! I fold the ends up so it all fits in the towel. My hair never gets completely dry with a towel, but that does dry it enough to not be sopping.

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Cinnamon Hair has helpful instructions on this on her site.

http://feline.home.mchsi.com/hairtowel/

Length
    waist/TB/long

Like Chromis, I just fold or sort of loop the part that hangs out, back on top of the rest of the hair. It works great.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Well, my hair is the same length as yours, and I usually turban it. I only leave it in the turban for maybe 10-20 min though, and then I let it air dry down my back, most of the time.

I do have oversize towels, so this might help, but my hair is still much longer than the towel. I just bend forward so my hair is hanging down in front of me and then put the towel under the back. Cross over and form the turban as usual for any length. Then I flip it back to normal position and then usually just tuck the bottom section that is hanging out of the turban, up into the rest of the hidden hair. Occasionally I have a little of the ends sticking out, but that is just because I didn't really care. If you tuck them in there tight enough, they will stay.

Lady Tanzanite of Cascading Dragon River in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13/36/46
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by misstwist View Post
    Cinnamon Hair has helpful instructions on this on her site.

http://feline.home.mchsi.com/hairtowel/
    Thanks for the link. My hair is quickly approaching the too-long for my hair towel and I have been wondering how in the world I was going to make it fit or if I would have to search for a new one.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I bun my dripping wet hair very loosely on top of my head then very carefully wrap the towel on top of it make sure not to twist the bun into it.

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

LOL That link has such a small tidy turban... you should see my towel turban style.. looks more like the beehive hairstyle. ROFL

Lady Tanzanite of Cascading Dragon River in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I noticed that Cinnamon Hair's way is to avoid the hair flipping over that I do. As she says, to help tangles from forming.
    I however am pretty lucky there. As long as I use conditioner, I can do all sorts of things, and my hair doesn't tangle at all. So my way may not work for many people.