Page 853 of 878 FirstFirst ... 353753803843851852853854855863 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,530 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jen419 View Post
    Has anyone tried Viori shampoo and/or conditioning bars? I used the conditioning bar today (I got the Hidden Waterfall bar for normal to dry hair) after washing with CV Olive & Bassu and conditioning with their Butter Bar and holy cow my hair has never ever felt or looked this good! I love my Chagrin Valley bars, I really do. They’re wonderful for my hair. But as it turns out, I was running out of my 2nd conditioner that use and I wanted to go with a low-waste product, so I researched conditioning bars specifically and found the Viori products. I think it smells sooooo good. It’s a nice musky vanilla scent, but not artificially perfumey. I couldn’t help myself, I just bought the shampoo bar, too!
    I've been eyeing Viori for a while. Darn FB ads, lol. They're expensive, but I found a discount code to get each at $9.99 instead of $16.25. Did you get the 'poo bar yet, and how long do you think that and the conditioner bars will last you? The bars just look so small for the price, so it may not be worth it for a daily washer like myself...

Length
    APL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I've been eyeing Viori for a while. Darn FB ads, lol. They're expensive, but I found a discount code to get each at $9.99 instead of $16.25. Did you get the 'poo bar yet, and how long do you think that and the conditioner bars will last you? The bars just look so small for the price, so it may not be worth it for a daily washer like myself...
    I know! They totally got me lol. Gotta love a discount code! It’s a little less if you sign up for a subscription, which you can change or cancel at any time. My shampoo bar came yesterday; tomorrow is wash day. It’s not as small as I thought it would be. I’ll let you know how it seems as far as dissolving with use, but the conditioner bar seems pretty condensed. I’ve used it twice and it still looks unused. I wash every 4th day, tho. Maybe you could alternate it every 3rd or 4th wash with your other favorites to extend the life?

Until I started experimenting with the various Chagrin Valley bars I was of the mindset that I had to keep with the same routine for the best results. I’ve found that is entirely untrue, and my hair likes it when I mix things up a little. I’ve been alternating a nourishing blend in with moisturizing blends every 3rd wash or so and wowee! (Of course, we are all different tho!)
    There is beauty in imperfections, and beauty itself is imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.

are shampoo bars better then traditional shampoo from a bottle?

ive started using beard shampoo again as facial hair is different from the hair on your head,
    but is it just gimmicky? cant you just use normal shampoo or will that effect the look and feel of the beard?

p.s im a noob so take it easy guys lol

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Better for some folks (like me!) and not good for others. Many people like shampoo bars to avoid using a bunch of plastic packaging or to buy local/handmade products. I find my hair really likes them.

There are tons of different washing techniques on the forums though! Something for everyone. Every head is different and one person's wrong way might be another person's ultimate best ever routine. I'm not experienced with beards to give any guidance there, but if your hair and skin like it, I'd say keep doing it unless you just like trying out different things. Some methods seem to have a bit of a learning curve too. Shampoo bars are one of these for many.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Hip/Pixie/Fun
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jen419 View Post
    Has anyone tried Viori shampoo and/or conditioning bars? I used the conditioning bar today (I got the Hidden Waterfall bar for normal to dry hair) after washing with CV Olive & Bassu and conditioning with their Butter Bar and holy cow my hair has never ever felt or looked this good! I love my Chagrin Valley bars, I really do. They’re wonderful for my hair. But as it turns out, I was running out of my 2nd conditioner that use and I wanted to go with a low-waste product, so I researched conditioning bars specifically and found the Viori products. I think it smells sooooo good. It’s a nice musky vanilla scent, but not artificially perfumey. I couldn’t help myself, I just bought the shampoo bar, too!
    I just got my bars about a week or two ago. I also got hidden waterfall which smells incredible. I had some issues with tangles on my ends first time I used it but they combed out in the shower. I found it works best for me if I use it after a coconut oil treatment. It could just be that I’m used to cowashing and I’m used to some ‘cones. It feels awesome dry.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Thanks for the feedback on Viori, Jen419 & melesine! I may just bite the bullet soon. These would be great for travel, too, and no acv needed like with my CV bars, which I haven't used in some time now.

Length
    APL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on Viori, Jen419 & melesine! I may just bite the bullet soon. These would be great for travel, too, and no acv needed like with my CV bars, which I haven't used in some time now.
    I used the shampoo yesterday. Just the Viori shampoo and Viori conditioner. No other conditioner, and just 2 drops of my own leave in oil to the tips. My hair was quite fluffy while drying, but super soft. Once it was dry I brushed it and it smoothed out. Like, really smooth. And soft and silky and shiny, but not at all weighed down - quite the opposite, actually.
    I had it in buns all day today (I had to take it down and run my fingers through it a few times, tho cuz it felt so nice!) and my scalp needed it to be down for a while, so I put it into loose double twists for bed. It feels so strong and silky, even the usually somewhat brittle-feeling ends! I can’t stop running my hands down the twists. It feels like silk rope. So yea, I officially love this stuff! And it’s quite densely concentrated leaving me to believe it will last a while as long as it can dry out.
    There is beauty in imperfections, and beauty itself is imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Well, I took advantage of the Viori 25% off sale and got one each of the Hidden Waterfall and Terrace Garden Shampoo & Conditioner bars. I'm really looking forward to adding them into my rotation and am hoping for the best.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I just looked up Viori and while they look like lovely products, they aren't soap-based shampoo bars. They're syndets -- synthetic soaps.

There are at least two threads about syndets, including this one.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Yes, I am aware that these are not soap-based. Others have posted on this product here, so I was just inquiring/responding. That thread says 'mass market' which may not apply. I won't post here again regarding Viori, but thanks to the others that provided their input.