Results 8,391 to 8,400 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    0xalis - Have you tried it yet? There's nothing wrong with an ingredients list if the product works for you
    Oxalis, I agree with ExpectoPatronum. I used a SLS-based bar from LUSH today and followed up with one of their conditioners. I don't plan to use this combo every day, but my hair looks and feels great.

You won't know unless you try.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

After years of struggling with scalp problems, I'm a shampoo bar convert! I haven't noticed the crazy flaking issues I used to have since I switched to an coconut sulfate shampoo bar. Life changing for me and my wurls!
    Last edited by luckydandelion; January 20th, 2020 at 09:30 PM.

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I'm glad shampoo bars work for you, luckydandelion! Which kind do you use?

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Okay, okay. You guys successfully talked me into trying it. Plus the only other shampoo I have I could have used was my dandruff shampoo again and I feel that over medicating my scalp would likely not be a good idea.

I did a test strip on my bangs in the sink before doing my whole head. Didn't seem waxy so I went ahead and showered.

I did try running the bar down my hair but I found it lathers quite easily in my hands which is good because that made it easier to wash my scalp which is the main target. It got real bubbly, there's definitely lots of sulfates.

I don't think my hair or scalp actually mind sulfates that much. We do have hard water so clarifying just about every wash is probably not as bad as it could be. I do cowash occasionally, plus I've been stretching my washes one extra day instead of washing every other day like I used to.

My hair is almost dry now and it seems to have worked well. My hair is light and fluffy, just the way I like it.
    Just trying to get by

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I'm glad shampoo bars work for you, luckydandelion! Which kind do you use?
    I use a coconut sulfate bar with mango butter, hibiscus, almond oil and ylang ylang essential oil. Any kind of oils used to upset my scalp, so I'm very pleasantly surprised with the results. Before that I used an oatmeal one, but im not that sure what ingredients it had and the formulation was too drying :/

I occasionally use a solid conditioner that's basically just shea and cocoa butter in a bar

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

0xalis- Aww yay! I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope it continues working out in the longterm.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luckydandelion View Post
    I use a coconut sulfate bar with mango butter, hibiscus, almond oil and ylang ylang essential oil. Any kind of oils used to upset my scalp, so I'm very pleasantly surprised with the results. Before that I used an oatmeal one, but im not that sure what ingredients it had and the formulation was too drying :/

I occasionally use a solid conditioner that's basically just shea and cocoa butter in a bar
    Those sound lovely

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Okay, okay. You guys successfully talked me into trying it. Plus the only other shampoo I have I could have used was my dandruff shampoo again and I feel that over medicating my scalp would likely not be a good idea.

I did a test strip on my bangs in the sink before doing my whole head. Didn't seem waxy so I went ahead and showered.

I did try running the bar down my hair but I found it lathers quite easily in my hands which is good because that made it easier to wash my scalp which is the main target. It got real bubbly, there's definitely lots of sulfates.

I don't think my hair or scalp actually mind sulfates that much. We do have hard water so clarifying just about every wash is probably not as bad as it could be. I do cowash occasionally, plus I've been stretching my washes one extra day instead of washing every other day like I used to.

My hair is almost dry now and it seems to have worked well. My hair is light and fluffy, just the way I like it.
    That sounds like a successful wash to me, Oxalis!��

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yep! Now that my hair is completely dry I can say I am quite satisfied.
    I hope it works out in the long run too, I am very happy to reduce plastic however I can.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Ok, I'm not so sure about this anymore. My hair got greasy looking (but not feeling?) The day after I washed my hair. Still stretched until today to wash again. As I was trying to use the bar again, I could feel waxiness on my hair after I rinsed it out. I ended up saying F it and reshampooed with (a very small amount of) my dandruff shampoo, and conditioned a Lot to make up for it. I don't know what to do lol

Edit: okay yep absolutely not. Once my hair was entirely dry a few locks I must have missed when reshampooing felt like I saturated them with hair spray. No idea why it'd work fine the first time and then suddenly do this. Rinsed out those locks with a acv rinse, fingers crossed I don't have to go shampoo my whole head again.
    Last edited by 0xalis; January 24th, 2020 at 11:44 PM.
    Just trying to get by