Page 11 of 878 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I tried the Mud & Clay bar again last night and it was wonderful! My hair was very full and wavy after drying.

This bar was actually the first CV bar I ever tried and for awhile I thought I was allergic to it. During the first use, my face became very red and extremely irritated. I now have learned that when using the CV bars, never to touch my face! I still find this particular bar a little stronger (scent esp.) than the others I have tried, but it is wonderful for my hair. I am working on writing some short reviews of the bars I've tried so far.

Length
    16.5"/23.5"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cv bars! I just recently got a new shipment and ordered a bunch of samples, but my usual ones I use are: Lavender Rosemary, Summer Sunshine and Mud and Clay. I'm also trying their facial soap bars as well and love them so far.

My hair is baby fine and fairly thin, but with shampoo bars my hair has so much body and always looks great.

Length
    0,5/16,14/30?
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Enabled again!

I'm looking forward to a bar of CV Cafe Moreno (and another bar that sounded interesting, plus some samples) and I've ordered three bars of the Serpentine Medusa variety - might as well get a bunch of bars to make the shipping costs to Europe worth it (hey, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) I mean, a shampoo bar scenting of sandalwood, frankincence and myrrh? No way I can resist that

Length
    7/35/50
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    Oh, the nylon poof thing is from the Serpentine Hair website, in the faqs. Here's the link, if you want to read up on it. It worked for Gemma, so I wanted to try it out, too.
    I have to confess that I've abandoned using the nylon poof with these now. ^^;; I get a much better, richer lather if I just swipe the bars over my wet head a few times, and then use my fingertips to massage it into a lather.
    Lady Guanyin of the Iron Leaf in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a, M, iii. Hip length achieved, Nov 2010! Next goal: 100% natural coloured hair.

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alley Cat View Post
    I have done my first shampoo bar was today after trialling WO for 2 months. I used PLH Hempchouli. Not sure what I am doing with my washing routine as yet, the WO didn't quite work out and for today I decided to do a shampoo bar wash.
    Let me know how you like the Hempchouli--I have it, but haven't used it yet. It's been sitting around my room, and I'm starting to get VERY tired of the smell!
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14

Neoma: It only takes that long to dry because I can't stand to have it down! After an hour or two I usually pop it into a bun, because it gets in my way and I can't do anything. I left it down all evening yesterday, so it's mostly dry now... But it's back in a bun (can't make coffee with it down!). Sometimes it takes three or four days. Hopefully I'll get it dry today and take some pictures.

What I did: I used the lavender-rosemary 'poo bar everywhere once, then used the honey-butter soup on the length. Finished up with an ACV rinse. No conditioner, because I wanted to see what the effects of just bars were.

First impressions: Maybe it's because I'm used to CO, but my hair seemed really dry after washing it. I was going to leave it as it was, but once the ends started drying (faster than usual, I think) they seemed very stiff and dry, so I put on a bit of coconut oil, which helped. It still seems dry to me, and a bit frizzy.

Conclusions: Next time I might just use a soap bar, and I'll definitely condition. This was the first time in my life that I've washed my hair without conditioning. My only concern is that the lovely, slippery texture my roots (new growth) have had since I started COing will go away if I start using 'poo again. My goal is to grow that new growth out to classic (five years, maybe).

Any thoughts/hints/tips/suggestions?

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BlndeInDisguise View Post
    Let me know how you like the Hempchouli--I have it, but haven't used it yet. It's been sitting around my room, and I'm starting to get VERY tired of the smell!
    A dear LHC friend gave me a bar of PLH Hempchoui, and that's what started my love affair with shampoo bars. I had used shampoo bars before, with limited success. My hair loved the Hempchoui -- my nose, not so much. So I ordered a bunch of other fragrances from PLH, and my hair was happy. I eventually switched to CV, mainly because of the wide range of "flavors" Ida offers, and because I love her customer service, which is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by JennQ View Post
    Neoma: It only takes that long to dry because I can't stand to have it down! After an hour or two I usually pop it into a bun, because it gets in my way and I can't do anything. I left it down all evening yesterday, so it's mostly dry now... But it's back in a bun (can't make coffee with it down!). Sometimes it takes three or four days. Hopefully I'll get it dry today and take some pictures.

What I did: I used the lavender-rosemary 'poo bar everywhere once, then used the honey-butter soup on the length. Finished up with an ACV rinse. No conditioner, because I wanted to see what the effects of just bars were.

First impressions: Maybe it's because I'm used to CO, but my hair seemed really dry after washing it. I was going to leave it as it was, but once the ends started drying (faster than usual, I think) they seemed very stiff and dry, so I put on a bit of coconut oil, which helped. It still seems dry to me, and a bit frizzy.

Conclusions: Next time I might just use a soap bar, and I'll definitely condition. This was the first time in my life that I've washed my hair without conditioning. My only concern is that the lovely, slippery texture my roots (new growth) have had since I started COing will go away if I start using 'poo again. My goal is to grow that new growth out to classic (five years, maybe).

Any thoughts/hints/tips/suggestions?
    Oh, yes, JennQ! We want pics!

My immediate thought regarding your first experience is that hair that has been cleansed with a shampoo bar feels totally different when it's wet than when it's dry. So, even though your hair may feel dried out now, it might feel better later.

Also, you've gotten used to CO'ing, which leaves one's hair very slippery and soft. It may simply be the contrast between the methods that you're experiencing.

Then again, perhaps your length is a bit dry. Lots of people apply a bit of oil to the length. I frequently apply a small dollop of aloe gel mixed with three drops of Moonchaser's SS Oil.

Please report back (with pics!) when your hair is dry.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    APL/BSL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm gonna wash my hair tomorrow with summer sunshine.I usually make an acv rinse with some honey in it so it doesn't smell to bad.How many times do you lather up?

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    I'm gonna wash my hair tomorrow with summer sunshine.I usually make an acv rinse with some honey in it so it doesn't smell to bad.How many times do you lather up?
    Yum, I love Summer Sunshine! I usually lather up twice. Three times if I did a heavy oiling.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    APL/BSL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thank you so much for your quick answer,Neoma.I just love the smell from the bar even if I haven't used it yet.