Results 991 to 1,000 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

For my wash today I decided to pull out an old sample size bar of CV Mud & Clay. I'd only used it a couple of times when I first bought it and then sort of forgot about it since I enjoyed the other bars so much. My hair was just fantastic today! Very nice waves and extremely shiny! It's amazing how bars that didn't work so well in the beginning can turn out to be so wonderful later on. I've found this to happen with the Marsh Mallow Babassu bar as well.

Length
    15/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Wow, I am a new convert. This week I have been using and loving the CV babassu and marshmallow shampoo bar! Really, I thought I was a "cone" person but decided to try other things just to say I'd tried them. Well, the wierd thing is I *cannot* comb my hair after using the bar (no slip), so I just dont' comb it until its dry. My hair has about doubled in volume, with even some hints of spirally curl-waves at the tips. I may have to upgrade my hair type fully to 1c.

I also bought samples of the rosemary mint and extra beer honey and egg but haven't tried them yet.
    "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason" Benjamin Franklin

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Can someone with those Serpentine shampoo bars tell me how big they are? I can't find any info regarding size or weight on their web site. How do they compare to the CV bars or PLH bars? Thanks!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Update on my experience with the H4H Z bar. Ends are very crunchy! The rest was ok although it didnt feel any "fatter" than it did with any other bar. I will just have to use something moisturizing on the ends. So far I still like my CV bars. Does anyone have a link on those SarieQ ones? I tried to google but it didnt seem to work.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I just tried cafe moreno and had crunchy ends also. So to be fair I dont necessarily think that the H4H Z bar caused that. I guess that is just the way my hair is with poo bars probably because of past damage on ends before LHC. The bars I tried before (summer sunshine, camomile and citrus etc) I was doing CWC with them so I didnt have any crunchy ends. I just got some of the CV soap bars so I am going to have to start trying a combination wash. I did want to try them as is though before I started combining. I do always do a ACV rinse. I still love them. I still just need some tweaking I guess.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

LaurelSpring,
    I've got some razor-cut damage on my ends, and my length can get dry. The only way I got rid of all that dryness (so far)was to use one bar to wash my scalp and another to gently moisturize the length. The babassu marsh mallow worked very well for that, and I really just kinda scrunched it through my ends in the shower.

When my hair dried, this lemon lavender bar left my hair rather tangly and dry; yet... sticky on some parts. Weird. I hope that doesn't mean I need to clarify??

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Just to update on my H4H bar experience. I used it today since I was going to the beach, and if it was all coated feeling that would be a plus. But, my hair was quite nice. I didn't use major styling products, so I had a bit more frizz, but it was fluffy with lots of volume --none of the limp, heaviness I had the first two days I used it. I still think the CV bars are more moisturizing and more detangling for me-definitely a better value for myself-but I just wanted to give a fair review for the mehandi ginger/cardamom bare since so many dislike it. Not "amazingly special", but still good hair today. I will continue to rotate this in with my CV's...eta that I did use a light ACV rinse with it as well...
    Last edited by curly girl fla; July 20th, 2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: more info

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Hmmm, I'm still too chicken to try my H4H bars again. I can't be doing with all that wax and tangle! Plus, I'm scared it will pull out my new hendigo color!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelSpring View Post
    Does anyone have a link on those SarieQ ones? I tried to google but it didnt seem to work.
    LaurelSpring, SarieQ is a member here. I´m not sure if she sells her soaps online - maybe at Etsy? You can send her a PM and ask her.

From what I can tell, most of the posts are in regards to CV and H4H shampoo bars. I was wondering if anyone has used the JR Liggett shampoo bar? I just bought it at Nature's this weekend, for fun... I've only used it once, but my hair wasn't that dirty/oily. It did leave my hair soft, I did not have to use conditioner afterwards (which is amazing) and it didn't seem to weigh my hair down. I did forget to follow with an ACV rinse, oops.

http://www.amazon.com/JR-Liggett-Ori.../dp/B000NCV6H6