View Poll Results: What's more important condition or length?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Condition is more important.

159 85.95%
  • Length matters more to me.

26 14.05%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's more important length or condition?

tangle teezer evangelist freckles's Avatar
    Length
    26/tb/tb
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: What's more important length or condition?

Like celebriangel says, for me it's a juggling act. They're both considerations -- I wouldn't want very long hair that was visibly seriously damaged root-to-tip, but I am growing even though I know I will have more splits at tailbone than I would if I had a pixie. How important they are relative to each other tends to ebb and flow in my mind -- dependent on what I'm doing, how I'm wearing my hair, season, fashion, length, all kinds of things.

Right now I would have to say that length is winning over health for me. I have about five inches of splitty, white-dotty ends. I'm not willing to sacrifice 5 inches -- I'm just not, end of story. That would put me pretty much back where I was two years ago when I joined LHC, and that's not okay. So I care about length quite a lot right now! In several months, when I can cut back a few inches and still feel like I've made SOME progress, I may care more about health
    don't know whether your hair is brown or red? us neither!
    hit my length goal of tailbone ... now learning to maintain and aiming to reduce split ends!

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanity_acefake View Post
    I voted condition because to me there is nothing that feels worse than dry, ratty ends.
    second that! Nothing that looks worse either...imo

Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I would be lieing if I said length didn't matter, I have been a victim of long unhealthy hair because I just couldn't part with it but condition is by far more important. I have never regretted cutting my hair after it has grown back healthier. Of course you are going to miss those few inches until they grow back but it will be well worth it.

condition of the hair hands down... the longer and the more damaged my hair is the more time I spend stressing over it and personally I prefer blunt thick hemlines

Length
    24/40/CLC
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I know that when my hair gets to BCL+ the fact it is baby fine means some damage is inevitable and I will have to put up with thinner ends. But that has to be balanced with the fact that I like hair to be in good condition even though I dont' like blunt hemlines on me.
    So generally condition over length except when you are gettign close to the hairs limits in which case it is always going to be a tightrope.
    Growing back length after a cut of 18 inches in December 09.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Condition. Damaged ratty hair always look like crap, no matter how long it is.
    Healthy hair, on the other hand, look pretty at any length.

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

eh, some of both. My ends are not perfect. They are not split, just a bit dry and getting quite uneven. It's been a long time since my last haircut!

But I'm not cutting them anytime soon-- I'll just keep doing my best to keep them moisturized and protected while I let it grow the rest of the year.

I find less-than-pristine ends a lot less objectionable than I used to, because it is so easy to just tuck them away and forget about them. They're not right in my face anymore, and since my hair is almost always up, nobody else can see them anyway.

Length
    BSL/MB/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Oh my, I feel a bit dumb for picking length over condition! I guess until now I've just been wanting to rush the growth of my hair and ignored the huge split ends. I should probably get my hair healthy before embarking onto my journey to getting classic length virgin hair.

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

You can have beautiful, short hair. There's no point in long hair if it's not pretty and healthy. It kinda defeats the purpose.

I don't care about a thick hemline, but I do want my healthy tips.

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Condition: I've learned that lesson the hard way. If I let it get too dry while growing it, it makes me crazy and I go after it with sewing scissors...I'm still slowly growing out the uneven ends. : /