Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Hair and Makeup

Length
    18/28.5/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Long Hair and Makeup

Do you find that you wear less makeup as your hair grows longer?

When I had really short hair, I found that I needed to wear more makeup in order to compensate for my lack of feminine length.

Now that my hair is longer, I feel more feminine and womanly, which decreases my need to make up for that by wearing a ton of cosmetics.

Has this been the case for any of you? I'm curious

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Long Hair and Makeup

No. I wear just as much make up now as I did with shoulder length hair. That was my shortest length since I started wearing make up daily in the 8th grade. I love my make up just as much as I love having long hair. I wouldn't give up either one. Both make me feel pretty and confident and good about myself.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I have been wearing less make up as my hair has gotten longer, but I think it has more to do with age than my hair length. The older I get, the less I can be bothered to apply make up every day. For me, it doesn't have anything to do with femininity really.
    Every day is Thursday.

Length
    21/18/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I have to agree, when I had a pixie I wore a hell of a lot of make-up because I felt really androgynous. I kept being mistaken for a boy, which was really awkward. As soon as my hair got back to collar bone length, I stopped wearing so much.
    I also for some reason tend to wear more make-up when I dye my hair dark as opposed to my natural blond. But that might be because with blond hair, I find I can quickly look 'barbie' like with too much make-up.

It's all probably completely psychological, at the end of the day with short/long/black/blond/shaved hair (not that I've ever shaved it), I'm still the same person, with the same face/body, so there really is no reason to feel less feminine.
    Chopped the end of the bleach damage 01/01/2013.
    No trims in 2013!
    nape ... SL ... APL ... BSL ... WL ... Hip ... TBL ...and then?

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I don't wear as much makeup, but that's because I used to wear a TON of makeup when I first discovered it, so I wear alot less in comparison. I don't think it's because of my hair. Actually, you know what? I think it does! Because I've learned to embrace how my hair natually looks by giving up heated appliances. So now I'm embracing how my face naturally looks by giving up heavy makeup. Well, not totally giving up. I still put on lots of makeup for photoshoots and plays.

I actually love my makeup and skincare as much as I love my hair care. I don't want to overdo either, but just enough so they both stay very fun. skin, hair, nails-my true loves

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I don't wear as much makeup, but that's because I used to wear a TON of makeup when I first discovered it, so I wear alot less in comparison. I don't think it has any relation to my hair. Actually, you know what? I think it does! Because I've learned to embrace how my hair natually looks by giving up heated appliances. So now I'm embracing how my face naturally looks by giving up heavy makeup. Well, not totally giving up. I still put on lots of makeup for photoshoots and plays.

I actually love my makeup and skincare as much as I love my hair care. I don't want to overdo either, but just enough so they both stay very fun.

Account Closed by Member Request

I wear the same amounts of makeup I always did. I do wear earrings more, mostly cause they look good with a pixie.

Length
    chin/APL/MBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

When I had a pixie I have worn makeup almost every day. Not much, just a black eyeliner and mascara. Nowadays I find that I wear makeup only on special occasions, or when I really feel like it, which is very rare.On these rare ocasions I forget about wearing eyeshadow or eyeliner and end up scratching my eyelid out of habit. Then I get frustrated for ruining my makeup and end up banishing it for another undefinite amount of time.I like makeup, actually, I've gotten pretty good at it now, better then I was when I had short hair. But wearing makeup every day is not for me. Going natural is so much easier.

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I second Copasetic. As I've aged I wear way less makeup, I was a teenager in the 80's and so I started off wearing a ton of makeup!

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I had the exact opposite, when I cut my hair into a pixie, I started wearing less make up than with long hair and almost completely stopped wearing skirts and big earrings. I just thought they looked all wrong with a boyish hair cut.