Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Vitamins for Hair Growth?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Best Vitamins for Hair Growth?

Well, the lady who cut my hair took way more off than what I wanted! I hate that! After all, I had only asked for about two inches and she must have taken off at least eight! Anyway, I am looking for suggestions as to the best hair vitamins to take for growth. I see a lot out there on the market, but don't want to waste my money on anything that isn't going to work. Does anyone also have any other suggestions to jump-start my hair growth a bit. I'm just sad right now!

Default Re: Best Vitamins for Hair Growth?

usually when you take viatmins for hair, it is always something that affects your nails too. i saw definitely great results with biotin and hairtopia. the fast growing was quite obviously in the nail growth. but it takes at least 3 months until you can see any difference.

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

From following LHC I noticed alot of people take Biotin or a Hair and nail supplement.
    Also some people are using specific shampoo's like Mane N' Tail or creams like Daktarin/Miconazole to promote growth.
    I have been using some Hair and nail supplements and also Castor oil but this was due to my 7 year shed combined with other stresses. I only noticed a major increase in new hairs since I started deep oiling with Castor oil and also the shedding cut right back.
    Good luck with your choice. Happy growing.

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Eating a balanced diet, getting enough fliuds and 8 hours sleep a night, oh and plenty of patience is all that is required.
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

does anyone take vitamin D and have found any effects?
    I've just started taking D3 for overalll health and am curious to know!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbrunette View Post
    does anyone take vitamin D and have found any effects?
    I've just started taking D3 for overalll health and am curious to know!
    I take D3 as a blood test showed i'm severely deficient in it. I can't say what, if any, effect it has had on growth as it takes a while before you notice a difference. I do notice i shed alot less than i used to but that is since starting to eat meat and getting alot more protein in my diet.

To the OP, i'm affraid that if you are looking for a magic grow hair fast pill you might as well search for the holy grail. Some things improve growth and supplements tend to help where there is a lack of something in the diet. However no vitamin will grow your hair back beyond what your natural growth rate allows. Harsh, but true

I'd also look into claiming compensation from the salon as asking for a 2 inch cut and having 8 inches removed is just taking the p***!
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Well, the lady who cut my hair took way more off than what I wanted! I hate that! After all, I had only asked for about two inches and she must have taken off at least eight! Anyway, I am looking for suggestions as to the best hair vitamins to take for growth. I see a lot out there on the market, but don't want to waste my money on anything that isn't going to work. Does anyone also have any other suggestions to jump-start my hair growth a bit. I'm just sad right now!
    Me too! *sobs* I want my 8 inches back. I'm going to start using Monistat. I'll report after a month or two if it works.

On Page 321 of the Monistat thread pink.sara reports "I use Daktarin as we can't get MN in Monistat here in the UK. It is a 2% Miconazole Nitrate based athletes foot cream and most definitely works for me. I dilute about 2 inches in about an inch of water in an old dye bottle and apply after a wash then leave on until my next wash. Been using it off and on since 2009 with no bad side effects. It takes my growth rate from 7mm to about 20+mm per month after a few weeks of continued use."

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    I'd also look into claiming compensation from the salon as asking for a 2 inch cut and having 8 inches removed is just taking the p***!
    GOOD LUCK.

I sued the salon that chopped my BSL hair asymmetrically into a chin-length mullet in small-claims court for the cost of hair extensions, due to the fact that I do model and lost clients because of the cut. Unfortunately I lost. I think it was a sexist/patriarchal decision... They did exactly what I asked them not to, and my income was affected negatively because of it, and the male judge laughed at me. Angry but powerless girl.

One good thing from the experience I found LHC and will be able to re-grow in great condition but it will take over a year to regain what that **** cut off.

Length
    pix/shldr/bs?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by whitestiletto View Post
    GOOD LUCK.
    I sued the salon that chopped my BSL hair asymmetrically into a chin-length mullet in small-claims court for the cost of hair extensions, due to the fact that I do model and lost clients because of the cut. Unfortunately I lost. I think it was a sexist/patriarchal decision... They did exactly what I asked them not to, and my income was affected negatively because of it, and the male judge laughed at me. Angry but powerless girl.
    Unrelated mini-rant: now this is just ridiculous. At the point of "income gets affetced", it's pretty serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Eating a balanced diet, getting enough fliuds and 8 hours sleep a night, oh and plenty of patience is all that is required.
    This! Oh, and as many excersise as you manage to fit into your week.

And again - you might get to your optimal growth rate, but nowhere magically fast...
    There were many threads on this, actually, but people most often recommended (as much as I remember)
    - biotin, silica, vitamins of the great B complex strictly to promote growth
    - vitamin C and E - for some supplementary reasons
    - iron, zinc

So nothing that a healthy diet, or maybe a box of specifically hair vitamins, couldn't give you

Type
    1b/M/ii

There's an article that covers the supplements question
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=74
    Hope that helps