Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should I do my hair for my birthday? (too many possibilities!)

Type
    2a/M/iii

Cool How should I do my hair for my birthday? (too many possibilities!)

My birthday is tomorrow, and I'm on summer vacation, so I have time to do whatever I want. I'm pretty good with updos and braiding, so anything is possible...soooo what should I do?
    What's your favorite updo/hairstyle? What have you always wanted to do but never had time for? (the more complex the better) My album is here - should I recreate something from there? Who does an updo you love and want to see again?
    Ideas please!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: How should I do my hair for my birthday? (too many possibilities!)

I've always liked (and haven't had time to try) the X's and O's hair style. I think it is in the hairstyle section here at LHC. Happy Birthday!

Length
    21/26/32
    Type
    1c/F/i

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow!

Your hair is gorgeous! I love all your hairstyles! One of my favourites was Rapunzel's mom's hair.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

A French rope braid would look so pretty! i haven't mastered that one yet.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

If I were you, I'd check out the hairstyles that arc691 does. They are gorgeous and would be fun to try if you had the time and energy. Happy Birthday!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I vote the X-O braid or the Arwen hairstyle from your album. Both very pretty
    shoulder - APL - BSL - waist (28.74 in) -hip (35 in) - TBL (38.2 in)
    Current goal: waist by Christmas 2013!

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

How would you feel about wearing your hair partly down (as a way of celebrating)? Seeing as you're a kickass braider, I'd go with a Dutch cascading crown braid - you could always put a few accent braids in too seeing as you've got the time, maybe even some ribbons.

Type
    1c/M/ii

OMG!!!! The top of my head has just blown off, but maybe I can still give an opinion with the little bit that's left of my brain....

The "Hair Style for Visiting Boyfriend" is so lovely and elegant, so wonderful for a celebration, yet still has a slight casual feel about it as you get more of a hint at the length of the hair.

And that "Came in a Dream" is just flat-out amazing! Why don't I ever have dreams like that? Like I could engineer such a style, even if I did dream it up....

Enjoy your day and celebrate to beat the band - no matter how you wear your hair, it's going to be the star of the show!
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Type
    2a/M/iii

Ooh, I like the Cascading Crown Braid! I think I'll be moving about most of the day though, so I don't think it'll be practical to have my hair down. Another special occasion, though, definitely. And the others are good suggestions too...oh no, maybe this is making the decision process worse!

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Happy Birthday. All your braids and buns are so beautiful, however I like this one http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ictureid=76008

For me it is not so much what I have time to do as what I am able to do, I mostly stick with braided Chinese buns.