Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About LHC and me.

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Default About LHC and me.

I was mulling over the idea of leaving LHC this morning for a bit. I feel like I really haven't done much to change my routines since finding LHC so maybe I don't really belong. I'm not much into experimentation, don't have the money to really give it a whirl.

This led to my thinking about what I've really learned from LHC and I was surprised to realize that it truly has been an awful lot. I've never paid much attention to shampoo ingredients before. Now I do read them. I rarely know what they mean, but I read them. Logic tells some of the more obvious ingredients though, and I think, "Wow! That cannot be good for one's hair!"

I've learned of various other oils and herbs that some LHCers use in their hair. I've been inducted into the coconut users hall of fame thanks to Carolyn's lovely gift. I've learned what a calorimetry is, learned that there are some here who share my heart. I've learned what the heck plopping is and even tried it myself (and I liked the results). I've quit dying my hair. I learned about my all time favorite hair implement: a fork! I've made tons of friends here, learned about some bird behaviors, learned what sugar gliders are, that we have some real artists here (I always admire artists), some honest hearts, some lovely insights into some of our members' children, learned about henna and indigo and snakes and snapping turtles. I've heard of bento boxes here and the word tragus and so many things. I learn something new every single day here.

So...I guess I'll stay. Thanks LHC for the past couple of years of wonderful times.
    AutumnLeaves

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Do not leave us!!!
    Pegs

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Well put AL!!! I for one am very glad you are staying!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3b/F/iii

I agree w/Pegs! Don't leave.

I won't bore everybody, but I have learned so much here at LHC. My opinions on some things have changed, my world view has been expanded & overall I feel that the people at LHC have really enriched my life~Even though I am not the most active of users.

Come for the hair, stayed for the people.

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

glad your staying put!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Length
    25/40/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

You better stay lady! You have lots of hair growing to do.
    (plus we love you!)
    TammySue

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

AutumnLeaves, could you tell us in particular things you would like to try/experiment with? I know many ideas can be found relatively cheaply.. such as COing (less than $1 for a bottle of good CO conditioner). Maybe there are less expensive ways to try the things you want, that others may be able to suggest.

I find it helps to make a list of things I would like to try. Lately my list consists of updos that I print the instructions and step by step photos for. There's always something new to learn and like you said, there are many things we pick up along the way that have nothing to do with hair.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Sherry, whatever you do, don't even THINK about leaving the LHC! I would be genuinely distressed to see you go, and I know most of my fellow LHC members would be as well.

I am glad that those thoughts were put to rest once and for all, after you thought about it, and I am delighted that you have learned so much from the LHC.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

Please please don't go! I feel the same way you do.I came here,learned a few things(got enabled a few times....lol)but I stayed for the friendships.Or should I say-I post more because of all the great friends I have made.

I'm so happy you are staying
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well, missy, you certainly gave me a fright for a moment there. I'm happy that I read the post all the way through.

There is so much to learn here, not only about hair, but about so many things one would never imagine, and of course about life in general.

We also have an awesome support system here, and LHCers always rise to the occasion.

I'm just happy that you're here and staying here. You are a wonderful friend and a great LHC member, and yes, you are loved here.