Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do the celebraties do it....?

Length
    16/16/.....

Default How do the celebraties do it....?

How do the celebraties seem to go from brown to blonde effortlessly, they never seem to have an in between stages or hair that looks a bit brassy, how do they manage it? Has anyone else succesfully gone brown to blonde without any wierd in between stage colours?

Length
    13"/33"/33"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: How do the celebraties do it....?

1) Professional colorists
    2) Color sessions carefully timed to happen shortly before events
    3) High quality wigs for events when real hair isn't photo ready
    4) Photos taken several months (and color sessions) apart

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Here are some of my thoughts:

- Very competent, very expensive hair professionals!

- Wigs to cover the occasional disaster or less-than-Hollywood-perfect hair

- Top quality/top dollar hair extensions

- In publicity shots: photoshop and airbrushing

- They don't always manage it! Some of the more sensational/gossipy rags like to post photos of bad extension jobs, old extension jobs that need replacing, stars without make up, stars with cellulite, stars with the occasional terrible hairdo...

But regarding the color I'd say hairstylists to the stars are probably well aware that if they mess up even once, somebody else is ready in the wings to take their place and all that lovely money the celebs can shell out on their appearance!

Length
    SL+/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

It's not that hard to get the right shade if you are willing to significantly damage the hair. Then you just put extensions in with the now much shorter blond bits.

That's my theory anyways.

And good hairdressers. Lots of styling to make it look presentable.

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

money. so much of it. The very best people in the business. House calls, no need to dash to the salon and be seen looking rough!

And image-conscious staff ensure that if their celeb is NOT looking perfect, she is hidden away at the gated estate till she is made picture-perfect again. Careful scheduling, too!

Celebrities' lives are much different than ours.

Length
    16/16/.....

so unfair, I mean how did jessica simpson go from so dark to so blonde, and jordan aka Katie price, black to blonde in what a week, ok i heard than bad stories etc about her hair extensions but she has done black to blonde before. And reece witherspoon for example and jessica simpson. they were pretty dark and went back blonde

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    2b/F/iii

They are not like normal people, darling. They also have twins and are back in a size 2 in six weeks' time.

They don't have to cook for themselves or do their own laundry or clean their own houses or mind their own children or do their own shopping; and they DO have to do whatever it takes to look perfectly fit and groomed at all times.

Everything in their lives revolves around looking perfect and their budgets to make that happen is way more than anyone here likely makes in a year.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    so unfair, I mean how did jessica simpson go from so dark to so blonde, and jordan aka Katie price, black to blonde in what a week, ok i heard than bad stories etc about her hair extensions but she has done black to blonde before. And reece witherspoon for example and jessica simpson. they were pretty dark and went back blonde
    Yes so unfair. As if there aren't capable stylists or colorists around for... oh, just about anyone else. Kind of hard for me to see what the problem is, really.

If you're concerned about the in between stages, I'm sure you can talk to a stylist / colorist, so you'll have the least amount of discomfort while transitioning from one color to the next. It's not impossible.

If you're contemplating switching up hair colors a lot (esp. big differences between colors)? Don't. You'll fry your hair. Seriously. BTDT.
    Last edited by lapushka; May 31st, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/16/.....

Does anyone else have a problem with letting go of the fact that they are not as blonde as they were as a child, i think thats my problem. I have dark roots i am pretty sure my hair if left to grow would not be blonde anymore, but I have a hard time accepting that fact, i like to think i am still blonde. Am i the only wierd person like that?

EDT: I have dyed my hair dark brown now
    Last edited by sunnydays; May 31st, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Length
    -/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It could be wigs or temporary hair colouring.
    Life is meant to be an enjoyment