Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your hair-care product hoard!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: Show me your hair-care product hoard!

I went crazy at the end of the year the first photo is semi used, the rest haven't been opened

Length
    BSL/FTL/?
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I can finally share mine!
    I've recently moved and the shipping container has finally arrived with all of my stuff so as I was putting it away and organising it I took pictures. Since I knew I would be moving I worked on using stuff up and not buying too many new products so the hoard is a bit smaller than what it used to be

Conditioners and shampoos:

Masks and leave ins/ serums:

Oils, powders and natural stuff:

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I'm curious and have to ask. Some of these hoards are huge. What do you do if the item expires before you use it? As long as it smells and looks okay, do you still use it? I have several leave-in and conditioners that are 4 years old. Some of them have an expiration and are expired. I've been debating throwing them out or adding them to my stash for the horses' manes and tails.
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    Waist/TBL/Hmm
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    This thread has been very fun for me to look through! Who knew there were so many hair products out there and how different people's preferences are? I'm going to contribute mine, which is the opposite of many here:

Ta-da! I bought the Moroccan Oil color-care shampoo this summer when I spent so much time out in the sun that my hair started looking brassy. I feel like I can splurge on the few hair products I buy because I use so little - even with daily washing, 8.5 ounces of shampoo or conditioner lasts me 6 months!
    Love your minimalist collection!
    Midback ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Buttcrack ~ Tailbone! ~ Classic ~ Fingertip? ~ Knee??
    Now happily maintaining tailbone length. I'm not done growing though... Just waiting for my ends to thicken

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RebekahE View Post
    I'm curious and have to ask. Some of these hoards are huge. What do you do if the item expires before you use it? As long as it smells and looks okay, do you still use it? I have several leave-in and conditioners that are 4 years old. Some of them have an expiration and are expired. I've been debating throwing them out or adding them to my stash for the horses' manes and tails.
    Most products likely won't go bad that easily even past their expiry dates, but if that was to happen and I needed to get rid of them fast, I would use up shampoos as body wash, or to handwash wool products with or something like that. I've heard of people repurposing conditioners as some sort of fabric softeners (I'm not sure if I got that one right? I'm the furthest thing from a domestic goddess), but donating them is always an option, too. I've given a box of hair products I wasn't going to use to a random person who wanted them (through social media).

Like you said: if they look and smell fine, they probably are fine.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Most products likely won't go bad that easily even past their expiry dates, but if that was to happen and I needed to get rid of them fast, I would use up shampoos as body wash, or to handwash wool products with or something like that. I've heard of people repurposing conditioners as some sort of fabric softeners (I'm not sure if I got that one right? I'm the furthest thing from a domestic goddess), but donating them is always an option, too. I've given a box of hair products I wasn't going to use to a random person who wanted them (through social media).

Like you said: if they look and smell fine, they probably are fine.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Cut 12 inches back to BSL and donated it. Now just doing whatever I feel like. Won't be going any shorter than BSL.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Here is part of my hair care product stash

Shampoos, conditioners, pre-conditioners, and leave-ins

These are some of the products I have more.
    Last edited by Dark40; January 21st, 2021 at 02:30 PM.

Almost everything hair care related I have is in the bathroom closet right now. All of my hair care products are in the yellow boxes.

The top box is where all my shampoos and conditioners live, except for two bottles of shampoo and three bottles of conditioner that haven't made thier way into the closet from where they were set from when I bought them. There are also a few bottles that are encroaching into the space that aren't mine. Like the herbal essence and the baby shampoo bottles. I disowned the HASK and tried to throw it away(like two year ago) but someone said that they'd use it, that someone hasn't touched it either.

The bottom square is where my oils, masks, and leave-ins reside. I have three leave-ins/masks in my bath caddy right now that aren't in the closet.

====>Bath caddy

I am going to be re-organizing this hot mess of a closet. The plain wood up front is an extension to the shelving that we just installed over the weekend. We never put anything tall in the closet(besides a package of toilet paper) so don't need to keep that space obstruction free. And now I have have almost 50% more shelf space in there!.

I will try to take an explosion picture(s) once I've managed to organize this monstrosity.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Here is part of my hair care product stash

Shampoos, conditioners, pre-conditioners, and leave-ins

These are some of the products I have more.
    There is a lot of it . Do you use everything yourself? I am shocked to see these huge bottles .
    WL - HL - TBL - CL - FTL

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I have 20 products in my stash - 4 shampoos, 3 hairsprays, 2 hair masks, 2 conditioners, 2 colour-treatment masks, 2 leave-in creams, 2 oil serums, 1 hair oil treatment, 1 mousse, 1 dry shampoo. I want to narrow them down to 10. I kind of miss the days when I had only 3 products, but I know it will be impossible to have so little now.
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6