Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh please...

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Oh please...

I found this question online and the answers really made me laugh. It's just incredible how many people have these silly prejudices about long hair! What you mean a French Twist takes a long time? I can do it in exactly one minute! As if a business woman who's all busy with hair spray and stuff can do better than that! Luckily there was one person who added a good example that contradicts it all. Yulia Tymoshenko is officially my new hero
    shoulder - APL - BSL - waist (28.74 in) -hip (35 in) - TBL (38.2 in)
    Current goal: waist by Christmas 2013!

Default Re: Oh please...

Ha! A french twist takes anyone a few seconds! Geez, but I do love 'Yulia's' hair - It's very neat! People should have long hair in politics more often, i think.

Length
    3"/29"/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I think one of the answers there said it: businesswomen want their hair to look well-groomed and styled. Unfortunately, too many people associate 'long' with 'unkempt.'

Length
    Pixie/23 AP/27
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I don't agree, but I think that long hair = femininity= not to be taken seriously. BUnch o'hooey!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A french twist can take me an hour; it's hard at this length, but I still love the style.

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Ive still not mastered a french twist but theres lots I have and they certainly dont take half and hour! total bull poo!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

I wish I could do a french twist. People are really impressed by my figure 8 bun and that's really quick for me to do. That photo of Yulia Tymoshenko is beautiful.

Length
    22"/36"/37"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I was told my hair looked like Yulia's once- it made me very happy. Hers is gorgeous!
    LHC: The few.. the proud.... the vaguely creepy

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

i cant get my hair into a french twist at all anymore.

and yes, for me long hair does take more time to wash style and comb than when my hair was wash (without conditioner) and go when i was a shorthair

if long hair isnt taken seriously even in a severe bun, i can balance that out with my very serious looking black rimmed glasses
    can i call this classic length

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I especially hate the answer about professional women wanting or needing to look like men. Ridiculous!

And the one about long hair being unkept, well yes, that does tend to be the stereotype. In a professional context, I wouldn't necessarily keep very long hair down, but I think it's perfectly professional, groomed and kept if it's in a nice updo, be it a French twist or a braid like Yulia's.
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST