Thread: Thickness variables?

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Question Thickness variables?

Is it possible for the thickness of your hair to change? I notice now that I've incorporated CO & CWC & WO my hair is healthier, happier & thicker? Or is this just because now that I'm meticulously attending to each & every strand on a daily basis each strand of hair has more individual volume which in turn creates a thicker mane? hhhmmm....thoughts?

Also: Does pregnancy cause hair growth or hair to be thicker? I think it might have something to do with turning all the hair into the growing phase for those 9 months? Anybody know the science to this?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Thickness variables?

I've seen a number of people on this site get thicker hair with better care. Often it's just that they've switched to a technique that makes them shed less.

Pregnancy makes hair grow fast and come in thick for many, many women. Probably most, though I can't speak to any of that from personal experience. We've joked on this site that the hair is "borrowed" though -- it tends to shed out again after pregnancy ends.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

My hair has got 1" thicker since joining. It probably was that thick before but I straightened daily and it squashes the hair flatter.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    SL+/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

It's possible to lose hair from bad diet. So, it may be possible to gain hair from a better diet, especially if one lost hair for this reason.