Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you brush/comb your hair, is it 'against' something, such as your body?

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Cool When you brush/comb your hair, is it 'against' something, such as your body?

I'm curious because, for my hair, I only just realized that if my hair is combed/brushed against my body, and I'm kind of holding it near the nape area, it is a much smoother process. I used to sort of bend my head a little and my hair would be 'hanging' and I now realize this wasn't good at all. Is this 'Hair 101' or are there other methods that work better for you?
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Length
    12/35/50
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: When you brush/comb your hair, is it 'against' something, such as your body?

I comb from the bottom up, holding my hair just slightly above where I'm combing. Usually the hair is laying against my arm or just hanging, depending on how far up my hair I am.

~my hair has multiple personalities~

Length
    bald/44/50in
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: When you brush/comb your hair, is it 'against' something, such as your body?

Yep what Freki said

It's so hard to get my hair to lay straight

Type
    2b/M/iii

No.

It is like this:

Length
    APL/CLASS/CLASS
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I generally lay the part of my hair that i'm working on (I section it) over my hand and brush there. Sometimes against the hand, sometimes right below. I think it helps with static?

I like to brush against my legs if Im wearing jeans, it's a nice feeling.

Length
    pixie/TB/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I comb from the bottom up, then flip over and do it from the underside like Madora shows. Amazing how many little tangles can hide under there when it feels combed from the top! Then stand up and comb from the top again. It sounds like a process, but doesn't really take that long.

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I do.
    I find that brushing agains something solid detangles much much quicker and there is not as much hair lost. At least for me. It cuts down my brushing time in a half.
    I am trying to brush as little as possible (just trying it out) since I used to be an avid brusher and that did quite a bit of mechanical damage to my hair.

What I do is that I start at the bottom, hold the hair between my tumb and forefinger and brush agains my palm or chest.
    Once detangled and if needed, I take two BBB brushes and hold them one at the bottom and one on top with the hair in between and run it down my hair like a flat iron. This helps me maintain volume since BBB brushing tends to make fine hair VERY flat. I don't brush my hair upside down (or from behind) since that only makes my hair into one big nest of a mess.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Length
    27"/29"/Term

I hold right above the current chunk I'm combing and comb down with the hair strands flowin' down my wrist and my forearm. =)

Type
    2b/M/iii

"Amazing how many little tangles can hide under there when it feels combed from the top!" Cindy58

Oh, right on, Cindy58! You have to be vigilant and not take it for granted that you got all the snarls/tangles from the top! Those little devils can be deceiving!

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Put it all over left shoulder, comb down body / along leg (I usually comb while sitting now it's past classic). Put all over right shoulder, repeat to get the front bit on the right side. Put all over left shoulder, repeat to get any little bits I missed. Put all to the back and put up.

So, in short, yes. Dunno what I'll do when it gets to be past my knee when I sit and lay it along my leg...