Thread: Clarifying Conditioner vs. 'Normal' conditioner

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Clarifying Conditioner vs. 'Normal' conditioner

So this has left me scratching my head in confusion whenever I read about it in various posts.

I know how popular V05 conditioners for CO washing and I'm a huge fan. (I regularly stock pile my favorite scents! )
    Anyways, I'm pretty familiar with the various types and I keep seeing people using the Vanilla Mint and Kiwi Lime conditioners for CO washing. What is puzzling to me is that these, as far as I know, are specifically clarifying formulations. So, I take that clarifying conditioners are much gentler on hair than their shampoo equivalents and are OK to use alone?

Or maybe it just seems odd to me since I CO everyday. I don't know if I could use a clarifying conditioner everyday!

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Clarifying Conditioner vs. 'Normal' conditioner

I wouldn't recommend using a clarifying conditioner every day if you don't have oily hair. It's definitely very cleansing.

I don't think they actually clarify hair, though.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Clarifying conditioners are usually the ones with a scent that pairs with a clarifying shampoo. They aren't actually clarifying themselves. However, I think they tend to be particularly light on the conditioning ingredients and rinse cleaner than many conditioners.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I know I like to use the clarifying conditioners because they don't weigh down my hair. My hair is very fine and doesn't look as greasy when I use them. I use VO5 vanilla mint or something. It works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by racrane View Post
    I know I like to use the clarifying conditioners because they don't weigh down my hair. My hair is very fine and doesn't look as greasy when I use them. I use VO5 vanilla mint or something. It works well for me.
    Same here. I've got the greasies and I love using VO5's kiwi watered down for CO washing!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Huh thank to this thread I think I will actually try CO washing with the 'clarifying' v05 ones. Nice to see fine thinnies with the greasies enjoying it and hey even a hair twinnie!!
    I love v05 so this should be exciting. I use an SLS free poo but I have to wash almost everyday because my work leaves me so dirty/greasy.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL