Default Re: Boyfriend/Husband/Significant other: opinion on hair

"So long as it's red."
    Ha ha!

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

My husband loves short hair and more than that, he loves styles I’m not into at all. He came of age in the 90s immersed in lesbian culture in San Francisco, so that’s the style. He used to joke with me about cutting it every time I complained about how long it takes to wash or what have you, but he’s stopped in the past year or so now that I’m more serious about growing it, which I appreciate. He understands that to me it’s not just hair, it’s part of how I’m healing from my childhood when, amongst other things, I was never allowed to wear my hair the way I liked. Plus I look just like my mother, who was abusive to me. If I cut my hair short, I’d look even more like her. That is never gonna happen.

Length
    NL/SL/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Preferably long (BSL+) but he's fine with medium lenght too (past shoulder). Not so ok with shorter lengths. I agree with him, though. My face looks lovely with shorter hair lengths, meaning neck length and even pixie but only when it's heat straightened because my hair is very thick & wavy. I look dumb with my hair being short & natural (air dryed).
    The road to others passes through you.

Here's a funny story... I got a cut from around tailbone length to armpit length this week. My husband was home for about 3 hours (my hair was down) before I gave up and mentioned that I got a haircut. He stared at me for a few seconds, and then he was suddenly sad and shocked. Lol ... But like... if you didn't even notice that huge difference in 3 hours, you kind of lost your chance to be upset. 😆 I still can't believe that the stereotype of a husband not noticing his wife got a haircut can be THAT true.