Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What exactly is this obsession with cheese?

Length
    BSL/Hip/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default What exactly is this obsession with cheese?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while but haven't remembered to. Why is cheese everywhere on this site? There must be something I'm missing. I see it in polls, comments, even smilies which is adorable don't get me wrong. Anyone care to explain?

-Ashley

Length
    26/28/35
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: What exactly is this obsession with cheese?

Thanks for asking this, I have been wondering the same thing!! I thought it must be a inside joke I completely missed out on.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It's delicious. Also, we use it to bring everyone back to civility when things get heated.

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=36249
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Well, number one, cheese is awesome!! But besides that, there is a backstory and I am feeling like telling a story tonight.

Gather round my dears and I will tell you The Legend of the Cheese. A long, long, long time ago in a land called The Long Hair Community there was some grouchiness and some snarkiness and some general belly aching going on. It was a sad, sad day. Long hairs were getting very heated and hurting each other's feelings something terrible.

It was such a shame, just a crying shame to see those who cared about each other feeling anger in their hearts toward others in our lovely community.

Fortunately, a champion arose. Her name was KarenMarie, an expert wielder of the great cheese who was both brave and wise. She realized, what we should have known all along, that there was nothing so bad in our community that couldn't be fixed by a lovely piece of cheese. Who doesn't love cheese after all? She started offering cheese to people and, as if by magic, the fussing and the fighting went away.

The LHC was awed by the power of the cheese. It could hardly be believed that this wonderful (and tasty) substance could bring about peace and heal the occasional misunderstandings that come when such large groups of long hairs get together.

Cheese stands as a reminder to our community that no discussion (no matter how crazy) is worth hurting our friends and fellow adventurers on this very long quest toward long hair.

And those that remember that momenteous day in LHC history have told the tales to the next generation, as I am telling the tale to you. Go out!!! I beseech you! Wield the cheese with love, sowing peace and harmony wherever you go. All of you, who are hearing this story, are now part of the legend. Carry it out the sacred responsibility as you see fit, spreading cheese wherever you see the seeds of discontent.

Long live the cheese!!!!

(Basic cheese info from memory and supported by this archived thread lol. I am in storyteller mode tonight, you will have to forgive me.)
    http://www.longhaircommunity.com/arc...ad.php?t=36249
    Last edited by Nae; April 5th, 2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    1"/Chin/?
    Type
    2a/M/iii

That's fabulous! Thank you for the story, Nae.

Cheese to everyone!

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well finally! The whole time I've been here I was never privvy to the legend of the cheese. Thanks Nae!

- Or did you just make it all up?

Account Closed by Member Request

A spoonful of cheese makes the medicine go down!

Length
    14in/27in/40in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Nae, You are awesome! This just made my week, which is a pretty big task considering its my last week of my last year of university and I have two more week s of exams after that but it totally made my week >.<
    I want my hair to be waist length NOW!
    Henna addict in the making and proud owner of a steadily growing collection of oils and butters and hair toys

Length
    BSL/Chin/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

My friend does this in real life, too. If things between (usually me and another person) are getting heated, she'll go in a really loud, cute voice "I like Cheese!"

Length
    22/MidBk/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

A new meaning to the term, "Say cheese!"
    "If it does not inevitably impact the quality and happiness of your life, you should not let it, more power to you" - Z. Z. Regina