Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Boar Bristle Brushes (BBB)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Boar Bristle Brushes (BBB)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    I am using an old round brush with boar bristles and nylon. The brushing makes my root to chin area extremely greasy and I find it hard to get the oil to go any further down my hair. I've watched a few videos on BBBing techniques but none of them fix this for me. I end up throwing in the towel and just oiling my ends out of frustration- I know it's "100 strokes a day" but at some point my arms give up and I must be doing more mechanical damage than good.

I've only been doing this for 2 weeks. Is this just my hair adjusting to the routine or am I making a mistake in how I brush?

Also I realize a round brush with nylon is not the best tool, but I want a trial run before I commit to buying a better BBB.
    I really can't distribute the sebum down to my tips or even half my lengths either. I combine brushing/combing with oiling.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I really can't distribute the sebum down to my tips or even half my lengths either. I combine brushing/combing with oiling.
    Thank you! This makes me feel better. I just watched your tutorial yesterday, great stuff!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you! This makes me feel better. I just watched your tutorial yesterday, great stuff!
    I'm glad you liked it

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I am using an old round brush with boar bristles and nylon. The brushing makes my root to chin area extremely greasy and I find it hard to get the oil to go any further down my hair. I've watched a few videos on BBBing techniques but none of them fix this for me. I end up throwing in the towel and just oiling my ends out of frustration- I know it's "100 strokes a day" but at some point my arms give up and I must be doing more mechanical damage than good.

I've only been doing this for 2 weeks. Is this just my hair adjusting to the routine or am I making a mistake in how I brush?

Also I realize a round brush with nylon is not the best tool, but I want a trial run before I commit to buying a better BBB.
    I no longer use a BBB, but when I did, I also had this issue. I would section, and try to let the brush sit on my scalp for a second and then do one stroke as far down my length as possible. The upper part of my hair would still have a lot more sebum, and I use oil on the mids and ends.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕