Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you want to chop after reaching your goal length?

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Did you want to chop after reaching your goal length?

I have finally reached my goal length (I need to update my signature, so you can't really judge from that). My hair is waist length, and pretty, and wavy, and finally I've managed to conquer my frizz and dandruff.

But I'm not really happy with it. My hair is full of splits, and has dye from the shoulders down. Now, I'm not a big fan of compromise. I'm an all or nothing gal. I either am going to keep growing, and slowly trim, or shave it. I know this seems extreme. Shaving my head is something I've always wanted to do! For some people it's sky diving, for me, it's head shaving. Plus, it's 2 birds with 1 stone: no more splits or dye, and I get to shave my head.

Has anyone else felt like this?

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    ASL/27 in/HipL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Did you want to chop after reaching your goal length?

wow !! lol .. I used to like to get 2 or so inches cut off all the time but that was before I decided to grow. I'm aiming for waist length but I don't think I will get that long I actually think I have reached the end of my genetics, is this called terminal ?? this is the longest I've ever had my hair and I'm enjoying it since I joined LHC ..

if I were you I'd do the 2 week wait period and cut it off where the dye starts ..

BUT you know if shaving is your thing "go for it" .. perhaps cut it off at the dye and wait 2 weeks :-)

Renegray also a member of the Micro-trim club

Length
    -/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

If i am seriously seriously seriously x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000

bored with my hair, I will have a drastic hair chop from waist (my hair goal) to shoulder, not any shorter than that.

How about going with the 2 weeks rule first?
    Life is meant to be an enjoyment

Length
    pixie/waist/clssc
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Why would I to do that?
    This for me is not a race run, it is a journey. To get to my goal to just cut, I see no happy for me. After goal I see longer goal.
    Nothing says a mothers love like a giant robotic platypus butt

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I see what you mean, I just reached my first goal, and my hair is nasty.
    so yea, somewhere I would like to cut it, but it took me so long before I got here.
    to me it would be a shame to cut away all the effort I put in my hair.
    (and I still have a second goal)

but, if you think it is best for you, you should do so ^^
    (I agree with the 2 week rule though)
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I have spent literally all my life growing and then chopping, and I NEVER quite reach my goal... EVER... which is sort of stupid, since I'm nearly 38 now! For that reason, I won't chop once I reach my goal, as I'm DETERMINED to get there and keep it there, thin ends and dye damage or not! Usually if I go through massive shedding and my hair gets stringy, I chop off several inches... but this time NO NO NO!

But yeah, I do know how you feel Because I've done it so many times before... I've grown, and I've damaged it or something (cause I grow but I'll also do stupid stuff like dye, bleach, perm or straighten) and my hair gets horrid so I cut it because I'm not happy.

I have chopped it REALLY short before (not all over shaved, because it's been a bit longer on top...but you know, like 1/2" on the back and sides) in order to cut out dye and damage, but I hated it and as soon as it was long enough I got REALLY long extensions lol (that's the longest my hair's ever been...when it was fake hahaha...it was probably hip length).

But there will come a time when I want to go natural and get rid of the henna (when I've got too many greys and I no longer look natural with red hair) and then I'll shave it all off and start growing again (I figure I'll be 50+ by then...).
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Heck no! it took me 5 years to go from a short, cropped bob to just past waist and to lose it all in a matter of minutes well id be upset to put it mildly! I know what you mean though about the split ends at waist though, its a case of dust and put it up for me!

Whatever you decide don't shave on impulse, think it through!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Please use the two week rule here

When I reached classic, my long-term goal, I realized I just wasn't happy with the hair quality, which made me unhappy with the length as well. I wanted to chop back to waist but didn't. I managed to talk myself into several smaller trims, and that's why I'm still at tailbone length now. My ends are looking much thicker and I'm happier with my hair
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    20/23/32
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii/iii

I would go for slow trims as your hair keeps growing. I am an all-or-nothing kinda girl too, but I have taken the plunge enough times to know I shouldn't! Especially for hair.....

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

All I can say is that wanting to shave your head is so much more brave than I ever could be with my own hair. Really in the end it is up to you, whatever makes you happy. Do you think if you shave you'll eventually want to just grow it long anyways? If so what's to keep you from dying it again and then having the same issues, hehe. If you decide to trim until the dye is out of your hair it might be easier to say no to another colouring, but really it's what will make YOU happiest because trimming it like that is a commitment in itself. Best of luck in whatever way you decide to go