Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kesavardhini Oil?

Length
    18"/35"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Kesavardhini Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    No, i've not used it yet......i'm using the old hesh bhringraj oil on my scalp and vatika on my length at the moment. Part of me wants o try the kesavardhini oil but i find it so hard to allow myself to use a product when the company refuses to list the ingredients.
    I'm surprised you are using it as you seem so loyal to the ramtirth brahmi oil! I've not seen that in the shops yet, but if i do and it's a reasonable price i will try it i think. Though i'm hoping that my favourite oil will become available again as i notice the hesh site is listing it again. Of all the oils i've tried i think for scalp massage the hesh bhringraj oil is the one i find the best.
    Yes, I am in two minds on this - whether to continue using Kesavardhini oil or not. Knowing the ingredients would be helpful.

I stopped using Ramtirth a long time ago (no reason really). Then I used home-made oils (coconut oil boiled with amla, liqorice). Then I had a lot of Nilibringadhi oil left over and used it all up. I need to buy Nili oil but no time to go shopping. So I am using plain coconut oil sometimes and sometimes coconut oil with a drop of Kesavardhini oil. - I am sure bhringaraj oil must be one of the best...

Length
    10/15/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Never had a chance to continue Kesavardhini oil...but in the meanwhile, i used 2 bottles of Ramthirth and Neeli oil and i am so happy with them too....but right now its Navarathna Himani oil which is a more of cooling oil. I thought since i am in a tropical hot place, i will use it and see...have any one of you used this oil before, so far i don't see any effects but my scalp remains cool for an hour or so after applying and i usually mix it with my favourite castor oil or coconut oil or both. Again even this one is bright reddish color and makes my castor oil red too but thought will give it a try...btw, mirachan, thanks for the input on Heenara oil, never heard of it...very soon i will move to a place where lots of indian shops are around which will defenitely give me a chance to buy it....

Length
    18"/35"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chotee View Post
    Never had a chance to continue Kesavardhini oil...but in the meanwhile, i used 2 bottles of Ramthirth and Neeli oil and i am so happy with them too....but right now its Navarathna Himani oil which is a more of cooling oil. I thought since i am in a tropical hot place, i will use it and see...have any one of you used this oil before, so far i don't see any effects but my scalp remains cool for an hour or so after applying and i usually mix it with my favourite castor oil or coconut oil or both. Again even this one is bright reddish color and makes my castor oil red too but thought will give it a try...btw, mirachan, thanks for the input on Heenara oil, never heard of it...very soon i will move to a place where lots of indian shops are around which will defenitely give me a chance to buy it....
    I gave up Kesavardhini oil again after using it only 2 times. This is because I am wondering what the ingredients could be all the time! I once heard from someone that if you use Kesavardhini oil, first you have a lot of shedding, and then later everything becomes normal. Don't want to take that risk either

How did you like Ramtirth oil chotee? I liked it a lot, but felt that a sesame oil based oil like Nili oil is just much more cooling. Living in the tropics I need that. But I didn't know that Navarathna Oil is so cooling!! - makes me want to try it, though I have to buy Nili Oil again soon - that is my most favorite so far.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Chotee I have the Navratna oil but i've not used it on myself as i found out after buying it that it contains mineral oil
    I do use it on my dad though and he really likes it, epecially when he has sore muscles. I also used it on my ex b/f once for a headache and he admitted the headache went. So i see the Navratna oil as a good oil for pain more than for hair condition.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbell View Post
    I gave up Kesavardhini oil again after using it only 2 times. This is because I am wondering what the ingredients could be all the time! I once heard from someone that if you use Kesavardhini oil, first you have a lot of shedding, and then later everything becomes normal. Don't want to take that risk either

How did you like Ramtirth oil chotee? I liked it a lot, but felt that a sesame oil based oil like Nili oil is just much more cooling. Living in the tropics I need that. But I didn't know that Navarathna Oil is so cooling!! - makes me want to try it, though I have to buy Nili Oil again soon - that is my most favorite so far.
    The Navratna oil does feel cooling because it has menthol and peppermint in it, but again....mineral oil for me is an issue in it. Also i find the smell quite masculine/medicinal xx

Length
    18"/35"/45"
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeDharma View Post
    The Navratna oil does feel cooling because it has menthol and peppermint in it, but again....mineral oil for me is an issue in it. Also i find the smell quite masculine/medicinal xx
    Oh that's too bad - I don't like mineral oil either! But I get headaches sometimes, may be I should keep a bottle of Navratna oil in stock, just in case!

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondbell View Post
    Oh that's too bad - I don't like mineral oil either! But I get headaches sometimes, may be I should keep a bottle of Navratna oil in stock, just in case!
    That was EXACTLY my thinking!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Bumping because I ran across it on Amazon and the packaging is so cute. But what the heck is in it??

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Bumping because I ran across it on Amazon and the packaging is so cute. But what the heck is in it??
    All I could find about it is kesavardhini is a plant, commonly called the hair growth plant. Botanical name is Centratherum punctatum if you want to research it.