83 8.22%
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangs or No Bangs?

Length
    15/50/70
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Bangs or No Bangs?

i have chin to shoulder length bangs and when i'm getting my bangs phase i cut them to sidebangs, and it takes maybe half a year til they all stay back in braid/bun again. i like the long bangs as a face frame when wearing my hair down, my front stands are always damaged anyway so why not keeping them shorter

Length
    13.5/18.25/24
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Let’s talk bangs or fringes as we say in the UK. As a kid I had long hair and a fringe which was fine. In my twenties I had a jaw length bob and no fringe - jeez that hairstyle was hard work keeping hair off my face. Then I grew my hair and had a fringe which is pretty much as it is now.

So I ask you this - at what point does a fringe look weird / wrong on long hair??

I plan on growing my hair and I’m wondering if I should grow out my fringe too? I actually LIKE my fringe - when it’s behaving - there’s a cowlick at each side which is more noticeable as it grows, which is fast at the moment. I point-end cut it so it’s not blunt, but it is obliquely longer at the sides to blend in with the length of my main hair which is bra length.

Has anyone on here grown their fringe out? I do worry about the naked forehead. My ‘11’ scowl lines aka concentrating or resting bitch face. Personally no fringe makes me look older too. A fringe is cheaper than Botox, right? Thoughts please!
    I love bangs. I grow mine out whenever I get tired of maintaining them, and then eventually I'll see a picture of myself without them and go "Dang, I really need bangs," and cut them in. You're right - bangs or Botox. LOL. They do tend to make me look younger, I think, and when my hair is up it's nice to have some hair on my face. I don't think there's a point where it looks weird to have bangs with long hair. I think they are timeless.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redfrau View Post
    I love bangs. I grow mine out whenever I get tired of maintaining them, and then eventually I'll see a picture of myself without them and go "Dang, I really need bangs," and cut them in. You're right - bangs or Botox. LOL. They do tend to make me look younger, I think, and when my hair is up it's nice to have some hair on my face. I don't think there's a point where it looks weird to have bangs with long hair. I think they are timeless.
    Thank you! I think I’m going to keep mine. My niece who had one length long hair said she liked my bangs and got one cut in. Sometimes you have to go with what suits your face, and having a fringe definitely suits me more than a slap head forehead!

Length
    13.5/18.25/24
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Thank you! I think I’m going to keep mine. My niece who had one length long hair said she liked my bangs and got one cut in. Sometimes you have to go with what suits your face, and having a fringe definitely suits me more than a slap head forehead!
    Sounds like a good idea, and whenever your niece likes something you're doing, you must be doing something right!

I love this expression - "a slap head forehead." Describes it perfectly.

I think we might have similar hair - mine is fairly straight but does have a bit of wave (probably more 2b/2c) but is fine and there's a fair amount of it.

Length
    1/2/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I love bangs but I had to put no because they don't work for me personally. The very front of my hair is very thin so I need the deep side part for a combover and I also have a cowlick which makes even bangs kind of impossible. I've tried clip-on bangs for when I'm really wanting to cut some (even though I know they won't work) and they kind of work but it's hard to match the color and texture. I guess I just admire bangs from afar.

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I have a big huge cowlick on the front of my hairline, so I've never had bangs. I probably would look better with them, but there it is.

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

My forehead sweats too much to have them but I look the best with them.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I clearly had bangs when I voted at some point forever ago. Actually, I hate bangs and I don't know why I keep getting them. They're a pain the the butt to grow out and they never lay nice because I have curly hair and I'm incompetent with a straightener. I'm also afraid of the straightener.

Cute ringlets are great on long hair, but on bangs, they're kind of terrible on a good day.

I won't say that I'll never do it again, because I said that the time before the last time and every time the several times before that. But I'll definitely regret it when I do it.
    Lady Morgan Lynn of the Winding Forest Paths in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lostchyld View Post
    I clearly had bangs when I voted at some point forever ago. Actually, I hate bangs and I don't know why I keep getting them. They're a pain the the butt to grow out and they never lay nice because I have curly hair and I'm incompetent with a straightener. I'm also afraid of the straightener.

Cute ringlets are great on long hair, but on bangs, they're kind of terrible on a good day.

I won't say that I'll never do it again, because I said that the time before the last time and every time the several times before that. But I'll definitely regret it when I do it.
    I never thought of it that way, yes I can see how they might be harder to tame with curly hair.

Recently I’ve been experimenting with mine as it’s got quite thick so I’m trimming the centre area more to thin it out and trying to grow the heavier side parts. If I can tolerate them and get them behind my ears and out of the way I’ll be happy but usually I cave in and end up cutting them!

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I don't have bangs or the face for them, but really wish I did!! I love the look of curtain bangs, or a short, blunt fringe.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover