Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear hair

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Dear hair

I thought it would be cool to write a letter to our hair and get out any frustrations we have with it.

Dear hair,

How have you been? I have not seen you in awile since you started living in bunville. Today though we re-united for a brief while as you came down off that hill to get clean of your sins. You are looking very good these days and it seems you have grown taller;alas not much though. Hair I am so sorry for the abusive relationship we have had in the past. I know I contantly humilated you when i took you to see the people who always cut you down(stylist). On top of that I left you out in the sun almost everyday and you got heat exhausted (hair dryer).I know i tore you down with my rough comments (brushing), but hair i dont understand how you gave me more respect then, then you do now.You contantly got taller much faster;eventhough you had low self esteem. Now as we have been going to therapy you refuse to do anything for me. I treat you like a queen and lavish you with love, but you still hold a grudge. Oh hair please come back and love me again I promise to always be good to you forever.

Love, your follicles
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I love this idea!

Dear curls, I am so sorry first of all for trying to straighten you out all of those years. You weren't meant to be like all the rest of the girls and I know that now. I admit I didn't know that if I let you be yourself you would shine so and people would even LOVE you! I didn't even KNOW you were as fun and lively as you are naturally! If I had I would have stopped ironing and smoothing the heck out of you years ago!!!! Anyway, better late than never right hair? I hope you forgive me. I think that you are fairly happy although you seem to be a little stunted now that I have set you free. Is it because I am watching you so closely (like a watched pot that never boils) or something I am doing still that bothers you? I know I still cover you up when the whites show but I just think for right now you look prettier that way. I try not to get it all over you EVER and I have babied you terribly otherwise. Well that's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me and being all you can be. I really am grateful for the years we've been together and look forward to many more!!! Love, Girl

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I resented your texture for so long, and I'm especially sorry that I cut you all off when I was angry and frustrated with you. I'd also like to apologize for abusing you and slathering you with things you didn't like. Please believe me when I say I didn't know any better. You've grown long and strong recently, and I've grown with you. We both still have so much growing to do, but I for one am looking forward to what the future will bring us. Frankly, I can't wait.

All my love and conditioner,
    The Stuff Underneath You

P.S. Thanks for catching The Boy's eye, I owe you one.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I love this idea!

Dear curls, I am so sorry first of all for trying to straighten you out all of those years. You weren't meant to be like all the rest of the girls and I know that now. I admit I didn't know that if I let you be yourself you would shine so and people would even LOVE you! I didn't even KNOW you were as fun and lively as you are naturally! If I had I would have stopped ironing and smoothing the heck out of you years ago!!!! Anyway, better late than never right hair? I hope you forgive me. I think that you are fairly happy although you seem to be a little stunted now that I have set you free. Is it because I am watching you so closely (like a watched pot that never boils) or something I am doing still that bothers you? I know I still cover you up when the whites show but I just think for right now you look prettier that way. I try not to get it all over you EVER and I have babied you terribly otherwise. Well that's all for now. Thanks for sticking with me and being all you can be. I really am grateful for the years we've been together and look forward to many more!!! Love, Girl
    I loved it!! such a great way to think it into reality
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyNinja View Post
    Dear Hair,

I'm sorry I resented your texture for so long, and I'm especially sorry that I cut you all off when I was angry and frustrated with you. I'd also like to apologize for abusing you and slathering you with things you didn't like. Please believe me when I say I didn't know any better. You've grown long and strong recently, and I've grown with you. We both still have so much growing to do, but I for one am looking forward to what the future will bring us. Frankly, I can't wait.

All my love and conditioner,
    The Stuff Underneath You

P.S. Thanks for catching The Boy's eye, I owe you one.
    *clapping* what great hairapy we are having ladies
    Nov 8th update pict

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

OMG LOL!

Dear Hair---you are so misunderstood. And if I knew what you really, really liked I would give it to you all the time. Sorry I got sick and half of you had to fall out. I am doing my best to stay healthy and treat you the way you would like to be treated. But.....I still have to color you.....sorry.

I can't believe I just wrote a letter to my hair! Okay, I am off to write one to my thyroid!

LOL
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    OMG LOL!

Dear Hair---you are so misunderstood. And if I knew what you really, really liked I would give it to you all the time. Sorry I got sick and half of you had to fall out. I am doing my best to stay healthy and treat you the way you would like to be treated. But.....I still have to color you.....sorry.

I can't believe I just wrote a letter to my hair! Okay, I am off to write one to my thyroid!

LOL
    Oh my gosh now that's funny! Hmmmmm I can't believe it actually crossed my mind to write one to my allergies!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I'm still laughing at myself. I can't help but feel that I've gone over the edge(the hair edge) If my SO only knew......
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Dear Hair,
    where do i start? for 25 years i kept you hidden behind layers of bleach and dye, i fried you with a hairdryer and cooked you with straighteners until your little innocent cuticles burst into little white blobs, then id tie you up and slice you with metal hair bands.

You screamed at me, every morning as i had my daily fry up, crying out for attention but did i listen? no. Im so, so sorry, you have been a faithful friend to me, sticking with me through thick and thin, though those bad ole days where mainly thin.

I have to bear my soul and I pray that you will forgive me, for the sheer humiliation i forced on you, for years your candy floss existence was all you knew but I have tried for the past 27 months to be an owner you will be proud of, we had a funeral for the 30 odd inches which had died a terrible death at the hands of the hairdresser. I promised you there and then didn't I? that enough was enough, I said no more dye, heat or rough treatment, OK I did occasionally have a fry with the straighteners but i did put a fire jacket on you.

I remember when we first found the LHC, you would peep slightly over my shoulder, your branch like feet scanning the posts. It was like learning a new language, s&d, SMT, 1a, 2a and iii, but together we worked a routine out I baby you now dont I? nothing but the best treatment for my ikkle follicles.

We get on much better these days, you thank me with a shine and a swing as i walk, you also stand much taller these days, you lap the attention up, you even give me lots of waves nowadays.

I hope now we can put all the bad ole days behind us and our friendship and new found love can reach extreme lengths.

all my love

Jojo

did i really write a letter to my hair??? mmmmm...one to take a way i think!!
    Last edited by jojo; March 12th, 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!

Length
    18"/hip/class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

this post is hilarious, im seriously peeing myself laughing at the posts, keep em coming!!
    an 8 year journey, with a 3 year stop at waist. Traveling along to classic. F/M 2a/b iii 31.5" January 2013http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ge=7&p=2371372 a year without trims ....trying!