Thread: Summer haircare? Newbie

Length
    pixie/chin/shlde
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Summer haircare? Newbie

Hi guys,
    I still new at all of this and I'm outside 2/3 of the time in the summer and also swimming almost everyday. Any tips on how to keep my hair from getting damaged? Also any things which I should do for my hair when I'm out in the sun/wind?

any tips help

Default Re: Summer haircare? Newbie

My summer routine is making a leave-in conditioner of 1 part Dr.Bronners Hair Conditioning Rinse & Creme, and 7 parts water. Put it in a spritz bottle and put it in your purse for on the go. The thing about Dr.B products is it's safe enough to be exposed to the ocean (their are laws forbidding soaps and such from oceanlife but Dr.B uses earth friendly ingredients and it says right on the bottle it's OK.) So you can swim away in salty waters, and chlorine pools!
    Reapply when necessary.
    I'm biased about Dr.B's products because I'm a earthy nut, I'm sure members can recommend an equally safe product you could make a leave in conditioner with also.

Length
    pixie/chin/shlde
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Thanks, I'll keep those in mind

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Hello from another newbie!

My thoughts are that you should treat your hair as you treat your skin in the sun - for that amount of time outdoors I would cover it up with a swim cap or head scarf. I'm just not convinced any product will protect 100% or remain in place all day. Given how much time you intend to spend outdoors, perhaps explore haircare aimed at those into endurance sports or surfing?

Length
    pixie/chin/shlde
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

thanks
    I normally spend about 5-8 hours in the sun, then made 1-3 hours outside in the shade.
    I basically live outside in the summer haha

Length
    TERM/CHIN/SHLDR
    Type
    1c/C/iii

There are some really nice UV buffs available at Planet Buff. They protect your hair from the sun, reducing the need to compensate for dryness with oils and other conditioners.