Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how long did it take you.......

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default how long did it take you.......

to reach your present length.

Its taken me 27 months to get from a short bob, the back was cropped very short to my present 22" (im 23 in siggi, but evened up loosing an inch)

December 2005 this is the day my hair was cut short, can you tell im pi**ed off about it!!

how long did it take you all, whatever your length to get to your present length?
    Last edited by jojo; March 12th, 2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

From this I would estimate that from shoulder length until now has taken about 2-2.5 years.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

One year... it is a bit longer now as the "recent" pic is from last month, and it'd be even longer but over the past year I trimmed off a total of about 6 inches. Yeah, my hair is like a weed... I love it.

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I went from a just at my ears bob in March of 2006 to longer than APL (nearly BSL) in about two years. Two trims that were bigger than necessary, and one micro trim.

Of course the ears length was the longest length--I now have layers everywhere: the front the back, the side etc. Growing out bob layers is no fun.

ETA: on the other hand, it is encouraging because I can tell I've grown about 12 inches, so that means my growth is just at normal!
    Last edited by prosperina; March 12th, 2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: more detail

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

wow some amazing growth there! ajoyfulnoise our first picture the shortest one, is roughly what mine was in august last year, im really excited now and praying it will get to your second one by summer.

thanks to everyone for sharing, its really encouraging xx
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Its taken me 2 years and 3 months to reach my present length of 25.5 inches from my original cut that was 17 inches.

I cut off almost a year of growth (about 6 inches) in that time though because my hair was FRIED from Bleach.

mother of microtrims :P
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I have been growing with huge Pauses and lots of trimming in between, so hard to say..

Current length is lower half of my butt.

I started at shoulderlength in 2003.

By looking at my (lighter) virgin hair it takes me 1 1/2 yr. to grow just shoulderlength hair...thats how far the chemical dye has grown out.

Took an arrow in the knee Alaia's Avatar
    Length
    APL/~TB/Knee!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Two years.

Just over actually, I haven't cut since the last hair cut which was in hmmm January 06. That cut took me up to halfway between APL and BSL. I am now Hip/TB.
    Last edited by Alaia; March 12th, 2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Lady Aineldiel of the Three-Fated Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic - Fingertip - Knee!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Took me 3.5 years to grow from a bob to tailbone (37"). No trims at all. I think my growth speed is average.

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

from my shoulders to TB: approx 3 years and 10 months.. with trims.. give and take a few months.. i didn't keep track then..
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"