Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Haircut on Thursday - can't decide!

Length
    18/27/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Haircut on Thursday - can't decide!

Hi all, I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding how to cut my hair I know I want the layers cutting out in my length (so I'll be loosing a good 2-3 inches, but getting rid of some very dead, bleach-damaged hair). However, it's the front section that I can't decide what to do with. My face doesn't really suit having all the hair pulled back out of the way, so I know I need a fringe of some sort leaving in.

My only difficulty is deciding what! I've had a side fringe (the bleach blonde photo and the natural photo show this), I had a habit of clipping the shorter side away though. And most recently I've had a blunt-cut straight across fringe, which I liked also. I cut little pieces on either side shorter so that when I tied it up I didn't have my main bits floating around all alone I got inspired for that by the Hime cut (japanese princess cut)
    So my different fringes:
    (ignore any strangeness, the first was at the beach so it was really windy, the second was on the way back from holiday, and the final two are me all dressed up for Children in Need)

The bottom one shows my little side pieces, they're now past my chin - the curled parts are the bits that were tied up. I was thinking of having them cut in blunter like this:

But I might ether have them that length or chin length.

So yeah, opinions please? Thanks in advance

ETA: My hair is naturally in the late 1's - for the most part I usualy have two very loose waves but it grows straight until about ponytail-holder length so my fringe and side pieces usually aren't wavy. But if I go to sleep with it wet it goes a little crazy xD But I'm not worried about having to straighten the shorter bits every now and again because I plan to trim them regularly to maintain the length anyway.
    Last edited by Rosalaun; February 27th, 2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Lady Gwilwilethel, Guardian of the Ancient Exmoors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    20.27.22.23.24-(BSL)-25.26.27.28-(Waist!)-29...32-(hip)-33...35-(TBL)-36..39-(classic)-40

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Haircut on Thursday - can't decide!

Rosalaun, you are very pretty I like the last pic--I think blunt cut fringe looks good on you, and I was actually going to suggest a hybrid of blunt/side fringe! Haha

Length
    1"/Chin/?
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Another vote for blunt fringe with side pieces!
    Honestly, you look good with either, but the blunt fringe is a little less conventional, a little more daring, and I think the side pieces give it a lot of styling flexibility.

Length
    pixie/bob/apl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

blunt fringe looks really good!

Length
    18/27/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Awesome, thanks for the input! It's good that people think the Hime cut would suit me, and that the side fringe does too, just incase I go for Hime and get bored of maintenance And I suppose it does count as a hybrid lol
    Part of the reason I originally thought of that cut is because the back of the hair is always left to grow as long as it likes, as long as it's blunt cut to match the rest.
    I think I'd quite like to have unconventional hair, I'd not thought of it as that before, but as you can probably tell from the blue and purple hair, I do like being different xD
    Lady Gwilwilethel, Guardian of the Ancient Exmoors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    20.27.22.23.24-(BSL)-25.26.27.28-(Waist!)-29...32-(hip)-33...35-(TBL)-36..39-(classic)-40

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I like the first two pics a lot more, especially the second one.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I do very much like the himegyaru style but speaking as someone who cut more than enough "face framing bits" shorter than chin on a whim, they get annoying. when I want them out of my face I have to bobby pin them back and even then they tend to find ways out.
    ETA: I would go with one of the first two as well.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    18/27/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Thank you for your opinions
    I'm not really wanting to go for Himegyaru styles - far too much curling and backcombing for me, I'll happily just stick to the Hime cut xD

To be honest I'm not too concerned about having the 'face framing bits' being tied up - I've always had some kind of either feathering or layers around my face since I was about 11, and I've never felt comfortable not having my hair covering or around my face.
    I'm actually resorting to not tying my hair up at all at the moment because my side bits are too long to look right down xD
    So yeah, that part doesn't worry me at all Ohh, almost a split down the middle now for hime and side!

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I like the side swept better. Then again I like a softer look. Plus I think it has more styling options than the blunt cut and doesn't require as much maintenance.

Length
    18/27/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Thank you for the response
    Oddly enough I find side-swept fringes to be higher maintenance. I think it's because I worry more than my hair is parted correctly, everything's on the right side, that the layers are reasonably flat and that it's held in such a way that it won't blind me when it's windy xD

True that it gives a softer appearance than the blunt option - I suppose because I had it side-swept for 4 years or so, it seems a little boring now. Then again I did grow up with a blunt fringe :P