Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should I wash my hair?

Post Re: How should I wash my hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Madame J View Post
    Um, do you like the way your hair looks? If this method of washing is making your hair nice, I see little reason to mess with it. If it's working, don't try to "fix" it. Plenty of people here wash their hair every day or every other day and have gorgeous hair. Plenty of people here use lots of 'coney products and have gorgeous hair. Personally, I wash my hair every 3-4 days, and I have no plans to go longer between washes.

If you're having a problem with this routine, then try troubleshooting a specific problem. For example, it sounds like you dislike how greasy your hair is the last day before you wash it. Perhaps try not adding oil/serum to it on days you haven't just washed it. Or if you're worried about the expense (since it sounds like you use a lot of products), try eliminating one product from your routine for a couple weeks to see how it affects how your hair looks. Simple, small steps, in a controlled way, based on specific issues, rather than a generalization like "Washing your hair too often is bad."
    Thanks for your tips. I like how my hair looks when it has just been washed according to my current routine. The problem is that I get super oily roots so soon after I washed it. Washing at night, oily roots the next morning. The rest of the hair is soft and not oily at all, it`s just the roots. The greasyness I get when I apply oil to my lengths doesn`t bother me as long as I wear my hair up, and I do that 99% of the time. I have to wear my hair up due to the oily roots and when I comb my hair back to bun it, the hair near the roots is dark and really shiny. It doesn`t help that my hair is also very thin and fine. I don`t put oil near my roots, so the oily root problem is not from excessive oiling. Maybe my scalp just produces a lot of sebum and if I want my hair to look good enough to wear down I will have to go on and wash it every day, and as long as my hair doesn`t seem to get damaged by that I guess it is ok to wash it often.
    Last edited by CastaDiva; February 17th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.