Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: The red thread!

Length
    APL/BSL/Clsc?

Default Re: The red thread!

Quote Originally Posted by curlqueenjadine View Post
    Cheeky mini plait red strand shining through!
    Very cheeky . Especially your elastic! Super cute

Length
    Buzz/Bob/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Thank you! Isn't it a gorgeous red? I love it too! I love those orangy type bright reds! It's going pretty well! Much more than I exspected! It came out more of a strawberry blonde of a reddish blonde than bright red. So, next month or within about three weeks from now I can put a red hair dye over the blonde, and I'm sure it will come out to the red like in the photo here. I will use a bright auburn shade next time.
    Oh I love light reds like that, I'm sure it looks awesome right now. But I agree about the bright orangey reds - that's what I'm going for with henna, but I don't think my base is light enough. Auburn is also beautiful so I think I'll still be happy with it.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - SL - APL - MBL

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    Oh I love light reds like that, I'm sure it looks awesome right now. But I agree about the bright orangey reds - that's what I'm going for with henna, but I don't think my base is light enough. Auburn is also beautiful so I think I'll still be happy with it.
    Me too also love light reds like that. When I get a chance I will try to take a photo of it so you can see it. Yes, it does look awesome right now, and surprisingly it has a lot of shine as well. But the brand of hair color I use is an excellent brand, and the conditioner that comes with the kit always gives your hair lots of shine! Oh yes, I've always wanted the bright orangey reds sortave like the henna red but sadly to say with me relaxing my hair I can't use any henna. Because, I've checked with the company that makes the relaxer, and they've told me that I can't use henna. I'm seriously thinking about switching back to the relaxer I was using before since the beginning of last year. This time around I used this relaxer called, "Africa's Best Organics Relaxer System For Kids." Because, I was just trying to use something mild on my hair since my natural hair texture is wavy, and I didn't want to use anything too strong on it that would cause damage or breakage. But the next time I relax my hair I'm thinking about switching back to the ORS Relaxer For Normal Hair so that I can use henna. Because, I've really heard some great things about how henna is good for the hair and hair growth. Yes, auburn is also beautiful. I would be happy with that too. The only thing I really hate about using henna is that it is sooooo very messy, and the long process of how long you have to let it set in your hair for it to turn that orangey red for 6 hours. Or, half the day! But I love the beautiful shine it gives your hair just like what box dye does.

My mom did the henna with indigo, and she also mixed it with the Amla Powder as well. Because, the Amla Powder I think is what gives the hair the beautiful shine from the Amla Oil. I always use Dabur Amla Indian Hair Oil on my hair now to just add shine and for moisture too.
    Last edited by Dark40; January 18th, 2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to add another statement.

Length
    Buzz/Bob/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Me too also love light reds like that. When I get a chance I will try to take a photo of it so you can see it. Yes, it does look awesome right now, and surprisingly it has a lot of shine as well. But the brand of hair color I use is an excellent brand, and the conditioner that comes with the kit always gives your hair lots of shine! Oh yes, I've always wanted the bright orangey reds sortave like the henna red but sadly to say with me relaxing my hair I can't use any henna. Because, I've checked with the company that makes the relaxer, and they've told me that I can't use henna. I'm seriously thinking about switching back to the relaxer I was using before since the beginning of last year. This time around I used this relaxer called, "Africa's Best Organics Relaxer System For Kids." Because, I was just trying to use something mild on my hair since my natural hair texture is wavy, and I didn't want to use anything too strong on it that would cause damage or breakage. But the next time I relax my hair I'm thinking about switching back to the ORS Relaxer For Normal Hair so that I can use henna. Because, I've really heard some great things about how henna is good for the hair and hair growth. Yes, auburn is also beautiful. I would be happy with that too. The only thing I really hate about using henna is that it is sooooo very messy, and the long process of how long you have to let it set in your hair for it to turn that orangey red for 6 hours. Or, half the day! But I love the beautiful shine it gives your hair just like what box dye does.

My mom did the henna with indigo, and she also mixed it with the Amla Powder as well. Because, the Amla Powder I think is what gives the hair the beautiful shine from the Amla Oil. I always use Dabur Amla Indian Hair Oil on my hair now to just add shine and for moisture too.
    I have wavy hair too, and I was able to do Japanese straightening with my henna. I was using Fire Genasi at the time, and it didn't even change color. I even did a bit of bleach and it was still fine. The henna really held everything together. The only reason I shaved it off is cuz I accidentally did a ponytail too soon and had a permanent dent in my hair afterwards. The darn stylist told me it would be OK after 3 days but it wasn't

Yeah henna is definitely an ordeal, but I can say that after 2 years, I've gotten much better at doing it without a mess. I've only ever left it on for 2 hours, but this weekend I'm going to do 3 hours and see how it looks. I was always so careful and used to use 1tbsp of henna in a cup of conditioner and leave it on 15 minutes. I've come a long way hahaha

I'm still working on perfecting my application technique though. I'm trying a new method next time that I saw on YouTube where you part your hair from one ear to the other, half an inch at a time. I'll probably use a brush, but sometimes I use a bottle too. It's always a struggle, but it's getting easier!

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    I have wavy hair too, and I was able to do Japanese straightening with my henna. I was using Fire Genasi at the time, and it didn't even change color. I even did a bit of bleach and it was still fine. The henna really held everything together. The only reason I shaved it off is cuz I accidentally did a ponytail too soon and had a permanent dent in my hair afterwards. The darn stylist told me it would be OK after 3 days but it wasn't

Yeah henna is definitely an ordeal, but I can say that after 2 years, I've gotten much better at doing it without a mess. I've only ever left it on for 2 hours, but this weekend I'm going to do 3 hours and see how it looks. I was always so careful and used to use 1tbsp of henna in a cup of conditioner and leave it on 15 minutes. I've come a long way hahaha

I'm still working on perfecting my application technique though. I'm trying a new method next time that I saw on YouTube where you part your hair from one ear to the other, half an inch at a time. I'll probably use a brush, but sometimes I use a bottle too. It's always a struggle, but it's getting easier!
    Oh, I bet that was cool doing the Japanese straightening with the henna! I know with most chemical straighteners you can use henna with it, and some relaxers you can't use it. Like this brand I used this time when I straightened my hair. Ooh, I bet the Fire Genasi didn't change the color that's so disappointing I bet. Oh no, with the kind of relaxers I use it doesn't recommend that I use bleach. I really wish that I can but that would really melt my hair away as I wash it out. I haven't bleached my hair since 2008! I bet the henna really held it together. Awwww, I bet that was a bummer you shaved it off because your accidentally put it in a ponytail too soon and had a permanent dent in your hair afterwards. But at least the stylist told you that it was OK after 3 days! But it wasn't fine for you.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing and seeing about henna, that it's an ordeal but after 2 years at least you have gotten used to using it and it hasn't been without any mess. Oh, ok! That's great that you've only had to leave in on for 2 hours! I think that's long enough for henna to develop, and if you want it a brighter red you can always leave in on for 3 or 4 hours. I bet you were always careful and used to use 1tbsp of henna in a cup of conditioner and leave it on for 15 minutes. I've always wanted to try both the conditioner and the oil. I bet you have come a long way hahaha

I also bet you are still working on perfecting your application technique. Oh yeah, the method from YouTube almost sounds like you're parting your hair in 2 or 4 sections from ear to ear, half an inch at a time. Oh yes, I think using a brush would be an excellent idea. Cuz, you're distributing it at more that as you would with the bottle but the bottle is also good to use sometimes too. Yes, it is a struggle but it's getting easier as you go along!