Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The red thread!

My natural color (or at least it was natural when I was younger! ;^) ranges from almost strawberry blonde in the summer, to a darker auburn in the winter. My hair bleaches out as fast as my skin burns (yup ... celtic blood there :-)

However, now I also henna because there's an awful lot of gray (actually silver) in there, too. I only leave the henna on for 5-10 min. or I'd look like Bozo! LOL!

RCHORR'

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

For a while I was a bottle red, then I switched to henna. Now I'm letting my natural brown grow out because the henna had gotten too dark, and I'm curious what my natural color is. If I ever decide to color again, it will definitely be henna red, its the only other color that suits me.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    32/46/dunno
    Type
    1a/M/iii

My hair is red/brown with some blonde streaks and tones that like to randomly show up if I'm in the sun for 0.5 seconds. Lately, I feel like I'm getting more blonde hairs every day, my hairline near my forehead is having a blonde party at the moment.

As for colors I look good in, like mentioned, skin tone is a lot of it. My skin tone is light/medium with yellow tones. Supposedly I look good in black, blues, greens, some pastels and any color that is bright looks pretty good against my skin. That's why I like summer because I can bust out all my obnoxiously bright t shirts. They make my arms and face look really tan and my eyes look really green. Works for me, haha.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Hey-can I join y'all? I've just recently started posting here, and feel another forum addiction coming on...I used to be a natural light auburn, and always chemically colored all sorts of reds usually (sometimes slid off the blonde or brunette end), but now I am an official henna head -talk about addiction--henna is a major one. As I get older, my hair is coming in more of a very dark brunette with red tones, just a tad of grey on one side. 3a/b with some 2 shot through it, I guess about bsl, maybe longer...I am naturally fair, but tan easily, and have peachy/pink undertones to a neutral complexion-at least, that's what I determined via mineral make up, lol...colors that look best on me-definitely earthy-rusts, greens, browns, yellows and reds...blues and pastels really wash me out, but it doesn't always stop me from trying the :-p

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Clothing colors... For me (and I'm fairly high-contrast, with pale freckly warm skin, auburnish hair, and dark eyes, brows, and lashes), I look best in dark browns, army greens, pumpkiny oranges, and black. Warmer burgundy and purple are OK, but not the best. Lighter "autumn" shades like camel and oatmeal are just too close to my skintone and aren't nearly as good as the standard color spectrum would indicate. I also advocate ivory over cool white, but it's not wonderful on me.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    2/31.5/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Oddly, I am both a natural and a bottle redhead. My hair is naturally a bright, strawberry blonde with tons of orangey-red streaks. As this color clashes badly with my cool-toned skin, I dye my hair a cool auburn. However, everyone assumes that it's my natural color.
    Lady Parhadox of the Truthfull Pen, Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "I met a lady in the meads / Full beautiful--a faery's child,
    Her hair was long, her foot was light, / And her eyes were wild."

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

I've been a redhead for about 3 years, first with box dyes (which kept fading very quickly), and then henna. Before that I was a bottle blonde for about 10 years or so - my natural colour being an ashy version of mousy dark blonde/brown.

I love the brightness of henna, but in addition to the colour I really appreciate the strengthening effects. I sometimes add cassia to my mix (which is henna powder + red tea), but recently I've gone back to pure henna, with cassia conditioning treatments in between.

Regarding clothing colours, I love the contrast of greeny-blues, like aqua, turquoise and teal.

Herbivore
    Length
    23/45/class
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Nice to see so many redheads! Both natural and bottle as well as henna. Those of you who use bottle, doesn't it fade very fast?
    Interesting to bring up the topic about clothing colours, I tend to avoid true red in clothes near my face, and some shades of pink/magenta. On the other hand I love plum purple, all kinds of blue and green. And with red hair I no longer look washed out in grey.
    Do most of you turn red in the sun? I do, even if I wasn't born a redhead.
    ETA. mugglemomof3, you could have been born a redhead!
    Last edited by Isilme; June 11th, 2008 at 06:08 AM.
    Visit my blog about plants, flowers and my passion for all things green and growing!

Length
    30/35/45
    Type
    1b/M/ii

another natural redhead here! my hair lightens in the summer and darkens in the winter depending on sun exposure. i burn if i even think about the sun oh and i freckle like mad. i cannot wear red or pink (i think this is because of a clash with my skintone) and i look best in greens, plums, brown and cobalt blue. i just want to say that i love the beauty and variation of naturally (and unnaturally) occurring reds, esp. with henna. yay redheads of all kinds!

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I'm a natural redhead with cool-toned (pinkish) skin. I don't have super freckled skin, but I do get freckles when I am out in the sun too long. My skin burns very easily.

Green is the best color on me ever. I was looking in my closet yesterday and of the 8 summer shirts I have for work, 5 of them are some shade of green! I also wear a lot of blue, any shade of blue, and, oddly, I can wear rosy pink and coral really well. I can also wear brown and burnt orange and I look fantastic in them. I could probably wear ivory but I am prone to staining things

Not so good colors are any shade of purple, pastels, and black.

I love my red hair. My dad is a natural redhead too, and when my mom was pregnant with me, he told everyone that he didn't care if it was a boy or girl, just as long as the baby didn't have red hair. He hated his hair. Well, in the delivery room, as my mom was pushing me out, a nurse said, "I can't see if it's a boy or a girl, but whatever it is, it's got RED HAIR!" And that has never changed I think I have some pictures of me as a kid in one of my photo albums if you want to see!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/othergirl4christ/Hair/2007-10curlysmall.jpg