Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The red thread!

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

well, the last time I saw my natural color... about 12 years ago.. ahem it was a light brown/dirty blonde with a LOT of natural red highlights in it.
    Now I henna my hair (only just started and have done it twice) I havent seen the color budge at all! and I LOVE it!!!

Henndigo Conehead! mugglemomof3's Avatar
    Length
    19/27"/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I was born a blonde, but it turned brown in junior high. I was convinced that I should be blonde so for years and years I tried to dye my hair back to it's "original" blonde. Always turned out a horribly brassy orange color. I finally had a nice colorist (who had known me for years, incidentally) tell me that I had tons of red highlights and a red undertone, so "quit ruining your hair and just go red".

So maybe I was meant to be a natural red!

I use ION stuff from Sally's (Medium Red Brown (4R-4.6)) and I've never been happier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to some of my haircolors over the years:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=1269
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=1267

I keep saying I'd like to try henna, but I can barely find the time to do my roots as often as they need it, so I don't think I'll be able to spend all the time necessary for henna, not for awhile anyway. *sigh*
    Lady Alohomora of the Unfettered Sojurn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I am an involuntary, unnatural auburn head

Red is one of those colors that won't go away . . . no matter how much you wish it away (or color it). I love red hair on other people but after 3 years I want to go back to my natural color which is an almost black/brown. I have about 6 inches of natural roots and about 22 inches of an auburn/red.

One day I'll probably say that I have 22" of natural hair and only 6" of auburn left, I can wish right?!?!

Length
    BSL/AP/-
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm a redhead, not natural though. I have hennaed my hair for about a year. My natural color is medium brown - I really really dislike it.

I love red hair, I've loved it for as long as I remember. I don't really like red as a color (in clothing for example) but there's something about red hair that makes me go "ooooh". It's fiery, passionate, vivid and alive. I do like all shades of red but bright orangey red is my favourite.

I use henna for the color, not for the hennaing process itself. I don't find it any harder than using box dyes but it's messy, takes time and makes my hair smell of grass, yuck. Now I henna only roots because I don't want the color to go too dark red, and do it about every 3 weeks.

I'm still experimenting with the color and how to keep it bright. I'm using ACV as a final rinse but might try white vinegar if it keeps hair brighter like Isilme said. I've tried a few ingredients like tomato on my hair but haven't noticed any change in hair color.

I wish I had more freckles. Red hair + freckles =

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I love red hair you guys.

I'm a henna head but I've only been one for a few months. I really like it!

I don't really do anything to keep it red except add more henna. I think henna is easy. It seems complicated because lots of people are mixing it with millions of adjuncts. I think people just like mixing stuff. I just slop some water in it and glop it on.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22/31/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    I think henna is easy. It seems complicated because lots of people are mixing it with millions of adjuncts. I think people just like mixing stuff. I just slop some water in it and glop it on.

I don't know how many times I've thought that when I've heard 30 ingredient long lists of Henna concoctions... I've always been like

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

=P another box dye red here. Though I've been considering henna.

Those of you with red hair, what colors do you think look best on you clothing-wise?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Elainehali View Post

Those of you with red hair, what colors do you think look best on you clothing-wise?
    Black; charcoal. LOL.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Flaming henna head here. My natural hair is a liver-black mess with wide white stripes of gray. Now, its dark jewel red with flaming candy apple stripes, woohoo! I get comments on "how did you get that cool stripe effect??". Nature honey, just nature........*nail buff* lol.

i dont worry about darkening, in fact i welcome it and saturate my whole head about once every two weeks to help that big ol white frontage from appearing. Henna isn't difficult, just time consuming....... i hate sitting around for hours every two weeks, its a drag.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

my natural color is auburn.. i intensify it with henna.. i wish i had my brothers color.. it is a wonderful shade of orange..

Quote Originally Posted by Elainehali View Post
    well green always looks good on me.. as long as its not lime green.. i look great in browns too.. ive been told that i look good in dark purple.. gray makes me look like a zombie.. pink looks weird next to my red hair.. tan looks ok.. i find that as makeup goes browns and violets look good with my red hair and pale freckly skin..
    however black maskara looks awful. it just screams "unatural!!" next to my red hair..

though you have to remember that clothing doesnt just have to go with hair but with skin tone aswell.. im pale and freckly
    can i call this classic length