Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Length
    7/5/bum
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

Default I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Hello, good fellows...

I am fairly new to TLH Community-- well, it is my second day since I was looking for new thread of my own on first day lol! Really dumb of me!

Before ask some questions, I think you all should know few things about me; I am profoundly deaf since born and I using sign language known as British Sign Language (I am British, of course!), so I make English as second language. I will trying to do my best make you able to understand my second language-- wish me luck

I am a transgender-- I am not happy with myself as a male. I always wanted to be female so badly-- long story. Spare me the detail! I am hope in heaven to having long hair before taking estrogen-- it might be start by summer...

Okay, go to back questions I wish to ask;

As you see the picture of me in my profile (not sure if it is shown), it was New Year Eve for 2011-- my hair length is near at my chin level. It wasn't really straight hair-- my friend straightened it with straighter, I know there shouldn't use a straighter because it can make my hair damaged and might unable to grow, is it right?

My hair is natural curly but it sometime extremely frizzy after rub it with towel after shower-- I know I should rub it... again, really dumb of me!

Okay, I'd like to ask any of you with high experience of long hair of your own and handle to care it without damaged or worse.

• How can I make my hair straight without straighter or otherwise? With shampoo?
    • What should I eat and drink make my hair grow faster and healthier? just worth to ask...
    • How long do you think it would take me sometime until my hair finally reach the classic or tailbone length hair?
    • I am kinda emo but I'll make my hair dyed to black as soon as taking estrogen, I heard the dyed hair can be damaged, is it true?
    • How many should I trim the splits in the end per year? Three times? My aunt cut my hair three days ago (as of 7th of February)
    Other questions I might forget to ask but I'll be back to ask some new question. I know there are few question might be too many to answers but I just wanted to having long hair as a girl so badly...

I'll be grateful ever as you share your experience with me. Thank you for your time to read my first thread. have a good day and night. I am apologies for my second language might be confused or nonsense...

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Hi and welcome to LHC!

Don't worry too much about your English skills. There are many folks from all around the world here and English is often a second, third or fourth (!) language for them. You'll get along just fine!

I don't have a lot of time to answer some of your questions. I have to go to class. (American Sign Language class, in fact! )

I'll come back and post some advice to some of your questions though a little later.

I did want to say, stop saying you're dumb! You aren't!

Mainstream info about hair care is great for most folks with average length hair.

Longer hair often requires a little bit more thought and care than what's common, every day knowledge.

You've come to the right place!
    Last edited by Gabriel; February 10th, 2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spellcheck!

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: I always wanted my hair grow to classic or tailbone length, please help me?

Hi, Welcome to LHC. I will have a go at answering what I can.

How can I make my hair straight without straighter or otherwise? With shampoo?

What should I eat and drink make my hair grow faster and healthier? just worth to ask...

The best thing to eat is a healthy diet with plenty of fruit, vegetables and protein.

How long do you think it would take me sometime until my hair finally reach the classic or tailbone length hair?

It depends on how tall you are and how often you trim. Hair grows on average about half an inch a month. I noticed your goal length is 35inches and your current length is 5 inches so with no trims I am guessing it would take around 5 years.

I am kinda emo but I'll make my hair dyed to black as soon as taking estrogen, I heard the dyed hair can be damaged, is it true?

Yep, it can be damaging.

How many should I trim the splits in the end per year? Three times? My aunt cut my hair three days ago (as of 7th of February)

There is no set limit on how often you should trim. It’s pointless trimming unless your ends are dry and split. Some people never trim.

LHC is a great place and there is lots to learn here.
    Hello

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hi and Welcome!

I think pretty much everyone here wants the same things that you do!

A natural way to try to straighten you hair is wrapping it. There is a thread here about using a doobie to do that or you can youtube that or hair wrapping. Another option of course is to embrace your natural hair and check out the Curly Girl plan or look into ways to best manage curly hair. Loving what you have usually turns out to be the best plan in the long run I think.

You could look into using henna for a natural hair color. There is alot of info here about that and on hennaforhair.com. It is very permanent so you want to do some testing first.

Being gentle with your hair and trying not to damage it are very important if you want really long hair. Check out the articles, info and advice here on good hair care.

I take hair, skin and nail vitamins. Biotin is known for helping hair growth and MSM also. Some people have used Monistat with success. This is a cream that is sold to cure women's yeast infections. Of course a healthy balanced diet is important! I also tried gelatin with some success.

Hair grows on the average about 1/2 inch per month so you can approximate how long it may take to get to your goal. Some people dont trim at all and some people do. It just depends on you and your hair. If it is damaged and you need to trim more often it could set you back.

It does take time and patience, so relax and stick around and check out the articles and info here. There is alot of great stuff to learn here.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hi again!

Lots of folks have suggested some great things already!

Straighteners depend on your hair and how it can handle heat. Some people can use them once in a while without a lot of damage and for some people just one time will create lots of problems.

Generally though it's a good idea to stay away from them if you want to grow really long and healthy hair, unless you plan on getting regular trims.

Rubbing your hair with a towel is a bad idea. Especially for wavy or curly hair. Try patting it gently instead. You can also use an old T-shirt to help dry your hair. They are a little more gentle on hair than a regular towel.

How can I make my hair straight without straighter or otherwise? With shampoo?

-Shampoo won't make your hair straight. The methods already suggested are good ones. I remember my curly hair relatives using a doobie to make their hair straighter.

Depending on how curly your hair is naturally, you also might be able to encourage it to dry straighter by using a wide tooth comb and gently combing it while it dries.

What should I eat and drink make my hair grow faster and healthier? just worth to ask...

-Healthy balanced meals. If you don't get a good variety of fruits and vegetables then maybe a multivitamin would be a good idea for you. Lots and lots of water is always good.

How long do you think it would take me sometime until my hair finally reach the classic or tail bone length hair?

-My hair grows a little more than 6 inches (15 cm) a year. I am short so classic is about 40 inches on me. That's a long long time to grow from 5 inches (your current length?). Setting some smaller short term goals will help you on the way to your ultimate goal.

I am kinda emo but I'll make my hair dyed to black as soon as taking estrogen, I heard the dyed hair can be damaged, is it true?

Yes, for some people hair dye makes their hair more fragile. That does vary from person to person though and if you do other things to your hair.

How many should I trim the splits in the end per year? Three times? My aunt cut my hair three days ago (as of 7th of February)

Trimming your hair is a personal preference. There's no hard and fast rule. It really does depend on the condition of your hair, personal preference and your growth goals.
    Last edited by Gabriel; February 10th, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Length
    7/5/bum
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

Okay, I guess I don't need to cut my hair at all-- what a shame, I had my aunt cut my hair 3 days ago but just first time cut it this year and now I won't let her cut my hair lol! Im really annoy from my mum, she always tell me to cut it and never leave me alone forever and ever until get what she wanted IT'S MY HAIR, NOT HERS!!

Okay, I have been drink a water lot and lot since around October and I'll get more fruit as many as I can.

I am back with some new question lol! So during shower, accord to hairdressers, hot water might able to damaged my hair. So Should I shower with cool water-- cold water perhaps? I don't have a bath

Before I decided to keep my hair from cut, I washed my hair with shampoo too much-- let's says wash my hair for 2 times per day. is it good for my hair or what? Should I make less wash it? How many do you often wash your hair for?

I have little worry about the near future-- my hair might be unable to grow like just one of my fingernails was grow any more but I think it is so slower than others. I hope my hair would be keep grow while on estrogen... I dunno when I can take it exactly-- hopefully this summer.

I just realise that take care of my hair is hardest thing to get my ultimately goal. patience is not my thing lol!

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

The best way to get folks to not tell you what to do with your hair is never bring it up to them. When it gets possible, wear it up around them too. Soon they will forget to bother you about it. Until then just smile, nod and change the subject. If they insist, be firm but polite that conversation about your hair is off limits.

Starting off with fresh ends is not a bad idea so don't be too worried about your recent cut. You've got fresh ends now so keep them in as good condition as you can.

There's a lot of thought about hot water from showers/baths damaging hair. Again it mostly depends on the person's hair. Some people wash their hair in hot water all the time with no problem. Some people need to wash their hair with cooler water and find it helps their hair look and feel better. Also, cooler water helps colored hair hold onto that color longer.

Is there a reason you wash your hair two times a day? That seems like a lot. Eventually you may want to cut down on your washes but again that's a personal preference choice.

I wash & condition every other day since I run on a treadmill five days out of the week.

Your hair will grow, with or without the added estrogen. It's just what it does. Worrying about it won't make it grow faster.

Length
    7/5/bum
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

So I have to gentle my wet hair with old shirt? Is that your secret??

Length
    7/5/bum
    Type
    3c/F/M/i/ii

Quick question, since I make annoy with my hair as curly around my eyes. I am thinking of chemically straightening hair. My sister advised me to go to beauty salon for it cos it will stay my hair straight for up to 3 months but i think it might be risk to damaged my hair. What do you think?

Length
    waist/40"/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Hi, and welcome

I would say that chemically straightening your hair is likely to be very damaging, yes. As your hair grows longer, it will become heavier so you might find that you don't feel as irritated by your curls as they will be weighed down. I think you may find that washing your hair less frequently could help with this, also.

I find that washing hair with warm water and then rinsing it with cool - or even cold if I can stand it! - is great for making my hair smooth and healthy. It also stimulates the scalp, which can help growth, too.

Good luck