Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conditioners That Work in a Henna Gloss?

Smile Conditioners That Work in a Henna Gloss?

Hey all!
    After a few hours of diligent searching and reading, I think it's safe to say we don't have a thread for this!
    What I'm hoping to gather here, is other's experiences with conditioners in their henna glosses.
    My query to my fellow LHCers, is;
    What conditioners have you used in a henna gloss with good results?

Thanks!

Default Re: Conditioners That Work in a Henna Gloss?

Thought I'd add, I have yet to do a henna gloss. Right now I'm strand testing some gloss mixes and will report my results after I wash them out.

One thing I have found so far? Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner does NOT work with henna. It turned into a clumpy mess that wouldn't spread.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I've used Suave, VO5, Trader Joe's Nourish, and thrown in a bit of Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose, Giovanni deep conditioner--pretty much whatever I've had laying around. I think Suave and VO5 both work well.

Length
    2"/20"/37"

I like VO5, it helps tame down the smell of the acv or indigo I might add in.

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by morecowbell View Post
    Thought I'd add, I have yet to do a henna gloss. Right now I'm strand testing some gloss mixes and will report my results after I wash them out.

One thing I have found so far? Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner does NOT work with henna. It turned into a clumpy mess that wouldn't spread.
    Well, I don't know where you live, I just used the cheapest balsam for "damaged hairs" from Waitrose, UK. As balsam I don't like it much because it is too fluid for my taste, but as mix for henna is great, and smells nice too.

PS: I use "fructis 2 in one" to remove the "henna mess" from my hair without getting too many knots, it really works much better than shampoo or conditioner alone. And has a smell that combines nicely with henna.

in what a conditioner can or can not work in a henna gloss ?

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I haven't done a henna gloss yet, but I will be here within the next week or two, so I'll be watching this thread!
    Hoping to reach waist by August '18!

APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TB - Classic

Length
    chin/SL/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I've been wondering about this as well. I've used Tresemme Naturals and it gets very, very runny when warming up on your head. Last time I used an expensive deep conditioner that I had lying around and didn't need anymore (derm organics with argan oil or something like that) and it was better, but too pricey to use regularly. I'm still looking for something cheap that won't start pouring down my neck...I have lots of VO5 but it seems quite thin for this?

Length
    BSL/Waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm pretty sure I have used Garnier Triple Nutrition in my henna gloss with no issues when I've run out of my Suave Naturals Coconut, which is the main one I use for it.

Length
    Shldr/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Good question! I'll be watching this thread closely, as all my glosses have ended up too runny, coagulated (gag!) or both (bigger gag!).