Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you wear your hair in bed?

Default Re: How do you wear your hair in bed?

My hair just decided to grow that tiny 1/2 inch enough for me to wear rope braids without my layers sticking out everywhere, so I've taken to sleeping in those.
    However, when my hair was short I would sleep in french braids. I was able to wear french braids to bed when my hair was only just a little past my chin. They didn't look good enough in to leave the house with, but they were fine for sleeping.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by pepperedmoth View Post
    A teensy bit OT:

Usually I do one plait down the back for bed, but as my hair reaches my hips this gets snagged as I toss and turn. I decided I wanted to wrap up my head somehow for sleep.

Last night for the first time I tried wrapping up in a silk scarf, but of course I woke up to find it had come right off and was on the floor!

Does anyone here wrap their head in a scarf for sleep, rather than using a dedicated sleep cap?

If so, how do you tie it?
    Yes, how do others tie a silk scarf around their head so that it stays in place overnight without being too tight??

Length
    22.5/32/inf.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    Yes, how do others tie a silk scarf around their head so that it stays in place overnight without being too tight??
    You train yourself to stay very, very still in your sleep

I have tried putting one of those stretchy headbands over the scarf which worked reasonably well, but slightly uncomfortable for me. Sometimes I just braid the scarf with my hair which helps it stay neater in the morning, but I've mostly given up on keeping scarves on my head at night lol

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I`m wear sleep cap.
    No trimming since April 23, 2010

Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

I leave my hair down but flop it straight over my head. I don't have a problem with tangles from doing this--it kind of keeps it out of my way. I roll around a lot in my sleep.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Are you a toss and turn kind of sleeper or do you stay pretty still? This can make a big difference in how you wear your hair when you sleep.

I toss and turn, so even though I braid my hair and use a satin pillowcase, my hair usually has a cute little frizz halo when I wake up in the morning. Lol. Guess I'll try a sleep cap!

Mine is usually braided and I also wear a sleeping cap. I can't believe how well the sleeping cap works! Before my hair was like 80's hair metal type (and also impossible to comb!) but now it's nice and smooth.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by mustpannkook View Post
    Mine is usually braided and I also wear a sleeping cap. I can't believe how well the sleeping cap works! Before my hair was like 80's hair metal type (and also impossible to comb!) but now it's nice and smooth.
    What kind of sleeping cap do you use?

Post Re: How do you wear your hair in bed?

This may sound a bit odd and believe me it sure looks weird but it works for me I put my hair up in a fairly high bun and secure it with a short stick. Then I pull a cut off leg of a pantyhose over my head about down to my eyebrows and remove the stick. I then take three or four more cut off pantyhose legs and place them one by one across my forehead, behind my ears, and tie them at the back of my head/neck. I take some cardboard and place it under the knots from the pantyhose legs so they won`t hurt. Then I put one of my index fingers under the pantyhose legs and pull the skin on my forehead to the left and then to the right. In addition to keep the hair in place this method has also left me with a virtually wrinkle free forehead
    Last edited by CastaDiva; February 4th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Length
    SL/APL/waist

I usually bun it or braid it. Then, I put on a satin sleeping bonnet. The satin bonnets are ridiculously cheap.