Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Old accounts cleanup - accidentally deleted members show up as "Guest"

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Default FYI: Old accounts cleanup - accidentally deleted members show up as "Guest"

As some of you have noticed, our registered users count was above 35,000! This can pose a high burden on our server and database, and so I have started to do some housecleaning.

Tonight, I have cleaned up about 1200 old accounts (registered more than 1 year ago) that did not have a verified/authorized email address. These never-completed new registrations are probably not going to finish by now...

In the near future, I will also be deleting the horde of registered bot accounts, there are about 3500 of those. Note that all 3500 were banned one-by-one by the moderation team over the course of the past year. That's a lot of work!

This is just an FYI. If anyone experiences any problems with their account or is suddenly unable to login, please contact the mod team. Thanks!

(adminly message)
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: FYI: Old accounts cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla View Post
    Tonight, I have cleaned up about 1200 old accounts (registered more than 1 year ago) that did not have a verified/authorized email address.
    Thank you!

In the near future, I will also be deleting the horde of registered bot accounts, there are about 3500 of those. Note that all 3500 were banned one-by-one by the moderation team over the course of the past year. That's a lot of work!
    Thanks to the mod team for all their hard work!
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Just a question though: if they aren't able to log in, how exactly are they going to contact the mod team? Is there some kind of general email address visible to non-registered members?
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chopandchange View Post
    Just a question though: if they aren't able to log in, how exactly are they going to contact the mod team? Is there some kind of general email address visible to non-registered members?
    Anonymous/unregistered members will hopefully see this here in Site Support, and then they can email the TLHC Staff account: tlhcstaff@gmail.com

ETA: They used to be able to reply without logging in here in Site Support but no longer.
    Last edited by Dianyla; January 31st, 2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: ancient history
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Oh I see! Thank you, Dianyla. I didn't know that.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Sipping Darjeeling with Jesus and LisaJaney
    Length
    24/42.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Great idea, Dianyla. Have you also considered deleting members who've never posted and haven't even logged in after x-many years? Their accounts would be considered dormant, yes?

~ click the pic ~

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tresses View Post
    Great idea, Dianyla. Have you also considered deleting members who've never posted and haven't even logged in after x-many years? Their accounts would be considered dormant, yes?
    Yep, old and very inactive (as in, haven't logged in in years) zero-posters are also on the target list.

Sipping Darjeeling with Jesus and LisaJaney
    Length
    24/42.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Yep, old and very inactive (as in, haven't logged in in years) zero-posters are also on the target list.
    That ought to clean things up quite a bit!

~ click the pic ~

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Anonymous/unregistered members will hopefully see this here in Site Support, and then they can email the TLHC Staff account: tlhcstaff@gmail.com

ETA: They used to be able to reply without logging in here in Site Support but no longer.

Thanks for posting this just in case. I didnt know this.
    All Shall Be Well,
    And All Shall Be Well,
    And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelSpring View Post
    Thanks for posting this just in case. I didnt know this.
    If you also happen to need a way to remember it in the future, it's associated with the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page.