Thread: Found these at Target...anyone tried them yet?

Default Found these at Target...anyone tried them yet?

I was at Target yesterday and I found a Natural Solid Conditoner Hair Boost Bar. Its made by a company called "One"
    Ingredients are: Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Water, Hydroxethylcellulose, Oatmeal, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, Fragrance, Isoamyl Acetate
    I bought one but, haven't tried it yet. They have shampoo bars too...I didn't get one of those. Just wondering if you all had seen these. I'm not sure if I am loving the fragrance...it kind of smells like bananas...
    I also saw where Tresemme has a naturals line and I bought a bottle of their silicone free conditoner. I haven't tried it yet either...just got everything last night.
    I'll let you all know after I try them! Robyn

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Found these at Target...anyone tried them yet?

I like the solid conditioner a lot. It took a few tries to get the hang of though, and takes a bit more time for me to use than normal liquid conditioner. I use it like a solid comb on wet hair and let it soak in a bit. I was re-reading the directions and discovered that you're not supposed to rinse... but I rinse after letting it sit. Its awesome for travel, along with a shampoo bar. I haven't tried the shampoo bar yet, but intend to when my stash of lush bars run out. The banana-y smell kinda goes away once my hair dries, and I adore the smell it leaves behind. I posted it in the product review section, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's reviewed it.

The tresemme naturals have been floating around the boards for a while. I like it too, but haven't gotten it in a while.

Length
    pixie/hip/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've been curious about the One solid conditioner, but hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting and we get a lot of bees in the summer months. Do they still only have the one kind?
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by rhosyn_du View Post
    hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

If it's the same one I bought, it smelled like banana and was vile. It didn't do much conditioning-wise and the smell was gag-me-with-a-ladle god awful.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    Chin/29"/35"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhosyn_du View Post
    I've been curious about the One solid conditioner, but hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting and we get a lot of bees in the summer months. Do they still only have the one kind?
    Wow, that sounds terrifying. I wonder what the purpose is for?

Length
    pixie/hip/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ancilla View Post
    Wow, that sounds terrifying. I wonder what the purpose is for?
    It's artificial banana scent. Also found in banana flavored candies and stuff. It's pretty common, and not a problem unless you're hanging out where there are lots of bees. But, I like to go camping, and when it's warm, the camping places around here are full of bees, so no banana-scented beauty products for me.
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    If it's the same one I bought, it smelled like banana and was vile. It didn't do much conditioning-wise and the smell was gag-me-with-a-ladle god awful.
    really? I love the smell and find that I have to be careful or I overcondition
    Last edited by teela1978; January 20th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by teela1978 View Post
    really? I love the smell and find that I have to be careful or I overcondition
    The aversion to banana scents can be really intense. I'm also a banana-hater.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    27/33/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I LOVE the Tresemme Naturals silicone-free conditioner...it's the only conditioner I've used in the past few months. Has a light, clean scent (not overpowering) and does the job!
    Jenna

Recently cut from 50" to 32". Happily growing again.