Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hairs do you usually lose in the shower?

Length
    2"/27"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default How many hairs do you usually lose in the shower?

Sorry if theres another thread about this! I have been losing about 10 or so hairs in the shower (thats all I notice atleast) and it feels like its a lot to me.. in the past when my hair was shorter, I didn't notice losing any hairs. I'm not sure if I'm losing too many or if I am just noticing it more because my hair is longer. If I leave my hair up in a style for multiple days, I also get more hairs when I wash.. around 20 or so. Is this a normal amount of hairs to lose while washing?

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: How many hairs do you usually lose in the shower?

I never noticed shedding any hair when I had short hair. Granted I did not pay any attention at all to shedding... oh blissful ignorance of the youth . But I also think that shorter hairs disappeared down the drain much easier than a 50" hair does for example

When I look at my shed hair now it looks like a huge and worrying amount, but when I actually count them it's usually not more than 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening when combing out my hair. So gained length really makes a difference in how much it appears to be.

Shedding in the shower depends on how long the last wash was ago. If it was just some days it's maybe 20, if it was a week it's already twice as much. Washing even later like after two weeks it's more an "holy cow, who shaved a tribble in my shower?"-amount, haven't counted that one yet. Eek!

The general amount of shed hair is fluctuating depending on stress and time of the year. I had a pretty stressful autumn and in general autumn seems to be a popular shedding season. The infamous fall-fall . So this + stress made me shed heaps for a longer time period than usual, but now I'm back to normal shedding again.

So to me the amount you describe sounds like normal shedding. Average amount to shed / day was about 50 hairs if I remember that correctly.
    Hope that helps

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I can lose anything between 10 and 100+, it just depends. 100+ is very infrequent but it does happen. I don't seem to lose any ponytail thickness so I don't worry about it.
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

30 sometimes, 10 sometimes but never more than 50. I think ten is good. The normal is 80-100 apparently
    Lady Heliades, Lorekeeper of the Hidden Grove Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Waist/Waist/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Since I have curly hair, I can't detangle until shower, so I lose handfuls when I wash...probably 50 ish.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I would be SO happy to only have 20. I lose between 30-75 on a regular basis. When mt thyroid medicine is off, I will lose between 100-300 until it is corrected, which can take months.
    So my hair is thin. It's a struggle.
    ​something awful happened to my hair in 2012; never figured out what!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    22"/45"/45"
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Not that many, I might see around five when in the shower and then when I comb afterwards maybe another five. Ten hairs is quite normal musicallberrii so it shouldn't be anything to worry about, having long hair does make it appear a lot worse as well because it seems like a huge ball of hair when only its a few strands.

Be who you are... those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Nulliparous Snarkus RadiantNeedle's Avatar
    Length
    15"/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

About 15-30 when I wash and rinse.... Then between 80-120 when I gently detangle : /
    8<3
    Currently Knee Length, Ridiculous Bunwaves, Sulphate Free Shampoo, Conefree Condish, Coconut Oil Addict!

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

somewhere between 20 and 70, depending on if my hair has been up or down during the day and how well I fingercombed it beforehand.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Type
    2b/M/iii

I shampoo once a month and lose about 8 to 12 strands shampooing/conditioning and another 5 or so when detangling after rinsing out the conditioner.