Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What my mum thinks of my hair

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: What my mum thinks of my hair

My mom doesn't care what lenght I keep it , but she likes it best when it looks very wavy and when it's my natural color , or atleast close to it ( she has always loved my natural color )

Length
    21/21/27
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

My mum can't stand my hair. Her's is short, straight, dyed and needs product to sort it out (although it really suits her). Mine is long, curly, virgin and wouldn't know what hairspray looks like. She's always on at me to get it cut.

Still, I like it.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hayesa View Post
    My mum can't stand my hair. Her's is short, straight, dyed and needs product to sort it out (although it really suits her). Mine is long, curly, virgin and wouldn't know what hairspray looks like. She's always on at me to get it cut.

Still, I like it.
    Maybe that's why my mum doesn't always like mine being long.

Hers is short, too.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    13/40/???
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

My mother had mid-waist hair most of my life. She chopped it to shoulder about ten years ago and now keeps telling me I should cut mine. She's not as bad as my sister who's been telling me to cut since college.
    Lady Allemrac of the Many-Thorned Cloak in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Growing and loving every minute of it!

Length
    BSL/28/36
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Mine was almost waist length in High school. Mom took me to get it trimmed and it was cut to a pixie. Mom had ordered it. When my sister who had even longer hair began to cry, the woman was SO apologetic. Mom had long curly hair. After I was born she chopped it all off and has had short hair ever since. For some reason she thinks short hair is a sign of independence toward men.

My husband loves my long hair...if anything it enslaves him... not the other way around.

I grew my hair out after the short boy cut ... and it has been long ever since. Mom is always harping that it needs to be cut. She cuts her own hair. It looks chopped off. I am dying to take her to get it cut by some one who can do a beautiful job. But....I am growing mine till I can sit on it. I almost had it there and then layered it due to her pressure. Tomorrow I am getting highlights in the dark brown dye and then letting it grow into it's natural gray...a Renegray I am . Mom says I will look like a hag... I laugh..no hag here. I cannot wait till it is gray once I made the decision the week before Christmas.

I am a 56 year old body builder . I leg press 500 pounds. I do 100 push ups a day. I don't think I will look haggish. Mom is 75..still in decent shape too. With fuzzy bleached hair that looks like a wad of cotton stuck on her head. No way do I want that! I love the flowing silver I see here on the Renegrays of this site.

ETA: taliarose...you have the most striking hair I have ever seen. I hope you don't listen to your mother.
    Last edited by Gumball; January 15th, 2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Combined posts into ETA.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CLAS
    Type
    2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Organic View Post
    For some reason she thinks short hair is a sign of independence toward men.
    That's true. It's in the Bible. Not independence, but rebellion against their authority.
    Stop cruelty to apostrophe's.

Length
    BSL/28/36
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Organic View Post
    taliarose...you have the most striking hair I have ever seen. I hope you don't listen to your mother.
    I should have listened to my heart and not cut mine.

My husband would never enforce my long hair. He absolutely loves it. He would cry if I cut it. I happen to love it that way. He has said..."do what ever you want...but I love the way your hair looks long". I also like it when he holds my coat for me and pulls my hair up and out of my collar and smooths it down my back. If I cut it, that would never happen again.
    Last edited by Gumball; January 15th, 2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Combined posts.

Length
    SL/Chin/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

My mum really doesn't like my natural hair.

My hair is dark and wavy/curly andshe hates it in it's natural state. She comments almost daily that I should lighten (bleach) and straighten my hair..... She also hates my dark natural root colour.... And asks me to get rid of them..... Somehow.

Sigh.

It does get me down, but I've been 'natural' so to speak, for 3 months now... So I'm not quitting at this point...

Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

My mother likes the length but thinks I should go no longer than BSL, which is getting oh so close. She is also on at me to dye it as the red is getting a bit patchy and I have 1 inch blonde roots with a couple of greys thrown in for good measure.

Little does she know that I plan to just keep growing, possibly to terminal, and the I am swearing off the dye completely!
    between the click of the light and the start of the dream
    Cursing my long torso all the way to BSL!
    SL - APL - BSL - WL - TBL - CL - KNEE???

Quote Originally Posted by chopandchange View Post
    Hers is short, too.
    Shouldn't that be....

her's

"Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi